i saw the blog on the crackberry front page that explained how to do this but its not really clear. can someone break this down? how do you put the xml file in the shorcut folder when the media manager does not even recognize this type of file? and how do i edit it? am i supposed to install all the alx files that are inside the zip file? im lost. help would be appreciated. thanks.
    02-10-08 10:13 PM
    Install the ALX files from the zip onto your BB - they will show as 10 applications (shortcut1, shortcut2 etc.)

Copy the config.xml file from the zip and paste it into a folder named "shortcut" in the root of your media card using Windows Explorer (assuming you have a PC) not Media Manager

Open the config.xml file with notepad, Word etc. and edit it with your shortcut URL and title.

Place a PNG icon (32x32) in the same folder and name it to match the shortcut number (ie. shortcut1 = shortcut1.png)

Thats that - reboot your BB and the icons for your shortcuts should appear.
    02-11-08 10:18 AM
    Ok so now I get the xml thing but the alx files are installed the same way? I tried installing them with the application loader but when I click on any of the files it just says "no new files found". And what is a ping icon and how do I make one. Sorry I'm hardly familiar with this method of instalation on my blackberry and I thoughti had this thing down. Thanks for ur help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-08 08:36 PM
    The 10 ALX files you need to install through the DM Application Loader. After there are on you should see blank gray icons on your BB home screen. Then take the steps to edit the config.xml file and add URLs and title.

A PNG icon is just an icon file. Do a Google search for "PNG icons" and you'll find a ton.
    02-13-08 01:54 AM
    Is there any websites to just download their bookmark icon onto your BB app screen without doing all that xml, alx, aol, sol, etc??? For example I have one for the weather channel and I would like some more maybe espn pgatour foxnews etc.....

05-30-08 06:03 PM
    Do a Google search for "ESPN mobile shortcut" and the like for whatever sites you are looking for .. See what you can find. Some sites have shortcuts and some don't.

05-30-08 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD