sorry i realize my last post wasn't too filling...

Here's some more usable info...

It is like opera mini in a few ways... for example, the same way opera zooms in and out of web pages is available in Bolt.... (there is a little window that you can move around over the part that you want to zoom into... and you press 5 to zoom in on that particular part of the page)

a major difference, and a very cool feature which may be to blame for the rather slowness of the app is... When viewing a full page, zoomed out, you move around a "window" as like opera that you can hover over the part of the page you want to zoom in on... BUT... at the bottom of the screen, there is a a dedicated portion of the screen about 1/3 to be exact, that shows a magnified view of the part you are hovering over...
    Basically, when you are in page mode viewing an entire page, the top 2/3 of the page shows kinda like opera, and the bottom 1/3 shows as if you were zoomed in... almost previewing the part that you are hovering over. The cool thing is, you can see your cursor in the magnified portion and in the zoomed out portion at the same time, so you can click links while zoomed out as long as you are pointing at a link.

You cannot set your own homepage... at least i haven't figured it out after spending 5 minutes...

i haven't tried youtube but from the blogs i know that it doesn't support flash... but i'd still like to see if it opens videos in media player like it should... i'll post on that in a few...

the main/home page is a page with an address bar at the top... and 3 tabs in the middle of the screen...
    one tab is History, one is Favorites, and one is Feeds...
    when viewing a page there is almost always an option in the menu that says something about adding an RSS feed...
    zooming out takes anywhere from 1-4 seconds typically, but zooming in is almost instant.

i'm sorry im scattered in this little review, i'm at work right now and should be doing a ton of other stuff, but i am loyal to my crackberry friends!

notable:
    you can copy/paste URLs. it's like opera, when you click on a field that requires input, it opens up an entire white page for you to type whatever or copy/paste.

you can change the level of magnification when you are in split screen mode... for easier reading... although default seems good enough.
    Last edited by mokash34; 01-16-09 at 03:03 PM.
    01-16-09 02:54 PM
    Is anyone having problems with not being able to navigate with shortcuts or see your menu when using an aftermarket theme? I seem to be. The only button the works is "End". The sroll is real choppy also but that seems to be w/everyone.
    i'm using the bPhone theme or whatever it's called, not an original theme... and it works fine.. but like i said " the scrolling is slow... but other than that it's functional.

one complaint is the data arrows that show if i am sending/receiving info (maybe just a sprint thing) covers up the little percentage of how much has been downloaded... annoying but not serious
    01-16-09 03:07 PM
    sorry i realize my last post wasn't too filling...

Here's some more usable info...

It is like opera mini in a few ways... for example, the same way opera zooms in and out of web pages is available in Bolt.... (there is a little window that you can move around over the part that you want to zoom into... and you press 5 to zoom in on that particular part of the page)

a major difference, and a very cool feature which may be to blame for the rather slowness of the app is... When viewing a full page, zoomed out, you move around a "window" as like opera that you can hover over the part of the page you want to zoom in on... BUT... at the bottom of the screen, there is a a dedicated portion of the screen about 1/3 to be exact, that shows a magnified view of the part you are hovering over...
    Basically, when you are in page mode viewing an entire page, the top 2/3 of the page shows kinda like opera, and the bottom 1/3 shows as if you were zoomed in... almost previewing the part that you are hovering over. The cool thing is, you can see your cursor in the magnified portion and in the zoomed out portion at the same time, so you can click links while zoomed out as long as you are pointing at a link.

You cannot set your own homepage... at least i haven't figured it out after spending 5 minutes...

i haven't tried youtube but from the blogs i know that it doesn't support flash... but i'd still like to see if it opens videos in media player like it should... i'll post on that in a few...

the main/home page is a page with an address bar at the top... and 3 tabs in the middle of the screen...
    one tab is History, one is Favorites, and one is Feeds...
    when viewing a page there is almost always an option in the menu that says something about adding an RSS feed...
    zooming out takes anywhere from 1-4 seconds typically, but zooming in is almost instant.

i'm sorry im scattered in this little review, i'm at work right now and should be doing a ton of other stuff, but i am loyal to my crackberry friends!

notable:
    you can copy/paste URLs. it's like opera, when you click on a field that requires input, it opens up an entire white page for you to type whatever or copy/paste.

you can change the level of magnification when you are in split screen mode... for easier reading... although default seems good enough.

AWESOME! Thanks for that info! that's exactly what I was looking for! Sounds like Opera 4.2..I was really hoping for the speed of opera and the feel of the default BB browser and be able to change the home page to something I liked....I guess I will try it out IF i can ever get it to d/l correctly......

V
    01-16-09 03:08 PM
    I am still not able to d/l it and have gotten no response from the few times I have replied and gone on their support....UGH Ive gotten 2 e-mails with links no that don't work or tell me I don't have permission to access the page....
    01-16-09 03:11 PM
    navigate to this link ASAP from your blackberry and you should be able to get it! first person to do so... should get it

http://boltbrowser.com/b/nkwlhw
    Last edited by mokash34; 01-16-09 at 03:21 PM.
    01-16-09 03:15 PM
    The BitStream servers were down because of how many download links were requested, this should be back up soon, I would try the link that was sent to your email within the next couple hours.
    01-16-09 03:19 PM
    I just signed up and received my downlink in under 2 minutes. I downloaded and it is working great.
    01-16-09 03:20 PM
    I signed up 2 times around 10 this morning and did not get a link. I just went back to the site and signed up under a different email and got the link in 5 sec
    01-16-09 03:23 PM
    Just signed up and didn't get anything yet. Been about ten minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 03:35 PM
    Bolt is pretty nice, moving around using the trackball is lagging a lot. The pages itself looks exquisite! I haven't tested YouTube, since it said that it can play flash videos. I'll post some more once I get back home and do a battery pull to clean our my memory.
    01-16-09 03:58 PM
    downloaded for me fine... but when I type in a n address in the bar and click enter...it gets to about 2% and that bar disappears and nothing happens. I did a battery pull and still same thing.
    01-16-09 04:11 PM
    downloaded for me fine... but when I type in a n address in the bar and click enter...it gets to about 2% and that bar disappears and nothing happens. I did a battery pull and still same thing.
    I registered and got my email within seconds. I downloaded from my bberry and it seems to work just fine. Just make sure you download the Unsigned version like the email says!

Scrolling down the page is choppy like others have said, but overall I think the pages look pretty good. The split screen is an interesting view...

I also was able to type an address in the bar and clicked enter, and the page came up right away...no error message. I'll keep it for a while and play around with it to see if I like it or not.

01-16-09 04:24 PM
    I registered and got my email within seconds. I downloaded from my bberry and it seems to work just fine. Just make sure you download the Unsigned version like the email says!

Scrolling down the page is choppy like others have said, but overall I think the pages look pretty good. The split screen is an interesting view...

I also was able to type an address in the bar and clicked enter, and the page came up right away...no error message. I'll keep it for a while and play around with it to see if I like it or not.

Done and Done... but still having the same problem as above... but if a lot of ppl are saying the same thing (choppiness and slow scrolling) then it's ok, I rather it not work
    01-16-09 05:05 PM
    I was able to d/l Bolt but Verisign & Thawte wouldn't d/l, so I don't know if they are part of the beta or just other versions. Pages seems to load fast enough but is way too choppy. Maybe if the other two parts to this down loaded, it would work fine. I'll bump around on it some but Opera is still the quickest IMHO. Still my #1 choice
    01-16-09 05:19 PM
    Yeah, the choppiness in the scrolling kinda ruined it for me. It's a great browser, nonetheless.
    01-16-09 05:22 PM
    I'm hoping the trackball scrolling will be addressed in future updates. It's super slow and very choppy. A pain to navigate. I also wish they would allow you to scroll using the Space Bar, rather than using the Space Bar as Enter. I've gotten so used to fast scrolling with my Space Bar with the BlackBerry browser and Opera Mini.
    01-16-09 05:35 PM
    Great browser (0.73) but noticed back button is deactivated, and won't display movie files prior to download...even tells you that it'll dump you out of the browser if you proceed. Works much like OperaMini as others have stated. Like that web pages are same as PC! Enjoyed it and will truly use it after its debugged and out of its "beta" stage.

01-16-09 05:45 PM
    i still keep getting----ERROR: Some issue in query: URL Expired
    01-16-09 05:48 PM
    i still keep getting----ERROR: Some issue in query: URL Expired

Sign up again and make sure that you visit the "unsigned build" link in your BB browser.

01-16-09 06:39 PM
    why is it telling me internet not available check network services?
    01-16-09 07:41 PM
    Scrolling is MUCH faster if you use 2 for up 4 as left 6 as right and 8 as down. 5 zooms in and out. I wish the trackball was smoother in the app though

01-16-09 07:53 PM
    why is it telling me internet not available check network services?
    Same? I installed the unsigned version
    01-16-09 08:01 PM
    Mine had that network error, too. I just exited Bolt and re-opened it and it works fine. I get this message when trying to go to YouTube.com, though..
    01-16-09 08:41 PM
    I downloaded this and got it working about an hour ago.

My buddy just called (first phone call since downloading bolt)...I had the dreaded speakerphone blast. I've never had this issue before at all.

And oh yeah, the browser sucks!

ETA: just deleted bolt, did a battery pull, and had my buddy call again. The speakerblast was gone.
    Last edited by Ye; 01-16-09 at 09:36 PM.
    01-16-09 09:23 PM
    For all those that have been receiving errors like 909, some issue query and so on its due to the link in the email. Instead of clicking on it in the email, you must copy the url and paste it in the bb browser than will it only work. Also try using the unsigned download link. I had got this advice from one of the support reps from Bolt. Now i am up and running with the Bolt but seems to be a bit slow for some reason maybe its just cause its a beta.
    01-17-09 03:03 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD