Hello everyone. Has anyone downloaded and used the Bolt Browser yet. I watched the video and it just does not seem to be as fast as what they are saying it is. If anyone has used it, please reply and give any info you can. How fast, how is it to use...etc. Thanks
    01-21-09 07:16 PM
    It is as fast as the video but the navagation is laggy; as soon as that is fixed it will be an awesome browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 07:23 PM
    It's more or less like Opera Mini. Give Opera a try if you haven't. I use Opera almost exclusively.

01-21-09 07:38 PM
    Is Opera Mini a normal Browser. I have seen that many people use it. Is it any faster?
    01-21-09 07:41 PM
    It works pretty well. It has some bugs, but once those are worked out, I am sure it is going to be a wonderful option for browsing the web.
    01-21-09 07:48 PM
    Bolt is the fastest. I use Opera only for websites I can't normally get on the bb browser. Once bolt updates, it will be great.

01-21-09 07:57 PM
    Bolt is the fastest. I use Opera only for websites I can't normally get on the bb browser. Once bolt updates, it will be great.

Indeed, it is very fast. I am actually surprised at how quickly it renders pages.
    01-21-09 08:10 PM
    Bolt is not too bad, I prefer the native browser and opera over this version of Bolt.

01-21-09 08:28 PM
    I installed Bolt and its very very slow. The cursor barely moves. How is everyone getting a fast Bolt browser.

Opera browser for me is very fast.

Is there any kind of setting I need for Bolt?

01-21-09 08:51 PM
    I'm a native browser user myself. I had Bolt on my Curve, but after about ten minutes of surfing with all the lag, I deleted it.

I will try it out again down the road for sure.
    01-21-09 09:50 PM
    I too find the Bolt browser to be very laggy. To me it is too similar to Opera and laggy to warrant having both on my berry at the same time. If it wasnt for it having such a small footprint in memory I would have deleted it. Navigation with the cursor is very clumsy but it is in beta so update should make it better.
    01-21-09 10:06 PM
    Same here. Laggggggggy Bolt browser. Deleted it 10 minutes after first use. It did render pages extremely fast though.
    01-21-09 10:10 PM
    I too find the Bolt browser to be very laggy. To me it is too similar to Opera and laggy to warrant having both on my berry at the same time. If it wasnt for it having such a small footprint in memory I would have deleted it. Navigation with the cursor is very clumsy but it is in beta so update should make it better.
    OS 5.0 isn't too far off. Hopefully threaded txt will be one of the features.
    01-21-09 10:12 PM
    ya once they fix the lag on the bolt browser i think it will probably become my default browser cuz it rendered pages very fast
    01-22-09 07:18 AM
    Bolt was wery slow at first but after rebooting my bb bolt now seems pretty good. It renders pages very fast. The cursor is a little slow but like has been said its still a beta. Once its final I'm sure it will be a great browser.

01-22-09 07:25 AM
    I don�t know what the deal is, but I�ve never been able to get this to install properly on my Verizon 8330 curve. I�ve tried literally 40+ times since the original announcement. I get to the point of downloading the install and I get an error: �907 Invalid JAR
    The page you requested could not be loaded; it is too large for the device.�

Just about every app I have installed on my curve is installed on my 4GB media card (Aerize Cardloader rocks!), so I know I�ve got plenty of space. I�ve tried battery pulls. I�ve tried installing it to internal memory as well as on my media card. I�ve tried every version of the download, but the instructions explicitly say to download the unsigned build�

�How are people getting this to load on their BBC�s?

Every email I�ve sent to support just says �download it again� despite providing error information and error log details.

I�m about ready to give up here�but I�d love to see what this browser is like.

are there any known incompatibilities with other programs out there?

C.
    02-03-09 07:08 PM
    ^^
    doesnt aerize only load the cod on sd card? if i'm not mistaken, it still loads the program from the sd to ur phone before running the programs..therefore..onboard memory should still be accounted for..maybe thats why its not installing?

---
    i also have slowwwwww cursor. but i'm waiting til it comes outta beta
    02-03-09 08:11 PM
    I've had the Bolt browser for a couple of weeks, and love it. It's use it for almost everything. I just updated a few minutes ago, and it's way better. Fixed the back button, the slow scroll, and the connection bug. I would definately recommend this to anyone.
    02-03-09 08:24 PM
    bolt is veryyy fast but like people said, the cursor moves slowwww
    02-03-09 08:34 PM
    Just downloaded the update, has top and bottom shortcuts now.. Cursor issue is improving..

02-03-09 08:39 PM
    Indeed Tae. It seems to be working quite well. I cannot wait for the additional improvements to the Bolt.
    02-03-09 08:44 PM
    Me either.. I think this broswer has great potential.

02-03-09 08:49 PM
    No doubt. Come on Bolt. Make it happen.
    02-03-09 08:51 PM
    yea the cursor on my 8330 is maaad choppy, I just figured out how to get my bb browser to work pretty decently, so I'm good until bolt comes out with the next beta
    02-03-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD