So here in California, it's recently become a law to use a hands free device while driving. I have a Jawbone which I've used on and off but have started using more consistently because of the new law.

I've noticed that by leaving the bluetooth setting on my phone turned on (not always connected though) still causes a pretty good drain on the battery. Ultimately I'd like to turn off the bluetooth connection while not in my car but it seems to be tedious to navigate to "manage connections" and then turn it off every time I get out of my car and turn it back on every time I get in.

I don't think this is something that I can toggle back and forth by setting as a button shortcut but I'm curious for the other bluetooth members out there what they do to manage this?
    07-15-08 11:21 PM
    The only way to potentially make this quicker is to change one of your convenience keys to open 'Manage Connections'...

Other than that, leave the BlueTooth on... if you are using it that often, then it only makes sense to leave it on (rather than turning on and off all the time!)

If it is causing a battery issue that is bad enough to drain your battery and make your Berry useless, invest in an extended battery!! You can charge your Berry's battery each and every night and it does not harm your Berry!
    07-15-08 11:39 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Your answer was pretty much what I was expecting but I was hoping for a magic solution that I was just overlooking.

I guess I'll stick with leaving it on or try the Manage Connections shortcut as you suggested to see if that helps.

Thanks again.
    07-16-08 02:01 AM
    I leave mine on all the time and don't have any noticeable loss in battery life. Maybe if I turned it off for a few days I would notice it being better. As it is now I get about a day and half-two days to a charge. To me that is good enough to not deal with turning it off and on.
    07-16-08 02:19 AM
    You could always just get a car charger and leave the phone plugged in while your driving around....
    07-16-08 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD