I am currently using a Motorola H555 headset that is driving me crazy because of the poor voice recognition and voice pick up qualities. I am able to receive the right phone number in only about one out of five tries.

The results seems to be the same no matter if I request by name or by asking the unit to dial by phone number. The suggested responses are always way off base....way off OR I will get readings about my battery and signal levels.???

I am in desperate search for a high quality unit able to recognize well articulated speech patterns and will work well with my Blackberry 8330. As a professional person using this device while driving I need to be able to make a phone call without trying to drive and manually pressing one button at a time while keeping an eye on traffic. HELP!!
    03-01-09 02:41 AM
    It may just be the speech recognition software. And as a professional your car isn't loud, right? Try another headset, even the wired headset, and see if that works. I use a Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435a and it's amazingly clear on both ends despite its form factor. You may want to read up on it as it looks professional, yet discrete. Regardless, it may just come down to the software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 03:02 AM
    As a professional person using this device while driving I need to be able to make a phone call without trying to drive and manually pressing one button at a time while keeping an eye on traffic. HELP!!
    So does that mean that Joe Six Pack Blue Collar Worker doesn't need to be able to me safe while he calls his wife to tell her he's going out with the guys after work?
    03-01-09 08:40 AM
    As a professional driver, I am amazed sometimes how I can type out a long email and the truck still knows where its going!!! ;-)
    03-01-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD