Hey guys and gals, I am having some problems with my bluetooth function on my 8330. A co-worker of mine has a Treo and i am wanting him to transfer a song to my Blackberry. I can connect to him via bluetooth and i can also send him a file via bluetooth but when he tries to send me a file it will not send. Any suggestions would be a great help. I have discoverable enabled if that helps any.
    12-02-08 11:04 AM
    Go to Bluetooth under options. Highlight the paired BT device and click on menu. Scroll down to options and make sure the correct selections are active. There are too many to go over so, just play around with the different selections.
    12-02-08 11:14 AM
    yes all of the services from Headset to A/V remote control target are selected. When he tries to transfer the LED bluetooth indicator blinks once and then it kind of rejects his phone. I get no messages of failure on my phone but his gets one. I have OS 4.5 could that be a problem?
    12-02-08 11:18 AM
    yes all of the services from Headset to A/V remote control target are selected. When he tries to transfer the LED bluetooth indicator blinks once and then it kind of rejects his phone. I get no messages of failure on my phone but his gets one. I have OS 4.5 could that be a problem?
    Sounds like some sort of outbound security issue on your BB or inbound on his device. Not sure if it's OS related or not. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this issue will respond.

Good luck
    12-02-08 11:23 AM
    Here's what I've always had to do when receiving a file via bluetooth. Don't know if there's a better way, or if you've tried it, but here goes.

When I want to receive a song from someone via bluetooth, I go into my media player to my songs. Doesn't seem to matter where as long as I'm in the list of my music. Then I hit the blackberry button, then scroll down and click on "Receive file using Bluetooth". Then I have the other person start the file send from their phone and all works fine from there. But anytime I've wanted someone to send me something I have to manually tell my phone to receive file using bluetooth for every file.
    12-02-08 11:33 AM
    thanks so much Devnull that worked like a charm.
    12-02-08 12:02 PM
    Here's what I've always had to do when receiving a file via bluetooth. Don't know if there's a better way, or if you've tried it, but here goes.

When I want to receive a song from someone via bluetooth, I go into my media player to my songs. Doesn't seem to matter where as long as I'm in the list of my music. Then I hit the blackberry button, then scroll down and click on "Receive file using Bluetooth". Then I have the other person start the file send from their phone and all works fine from there. But anytime I've wanted someone to send me something I have to manually tell my phone to receive file using bluetooth for every file.
    That's a great work around devnull! Thanks for the info!!
    12-02-08 12:08 PM
    Glad it worked for you.
    Hey just realized I answered a question instead of asking it . (and the addiction grows hehe)
    12-02-08 12:39 PM
    That's a great work around devnull! Thanks for the info!!
    Do you work for one of the automakers of the government.

Sounds like a mission critical activity transferring a song via bluetooth!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD