Ok, I cycle and run and would like to carry my phone with me but want to be able to listen to music while doing both. I've heard good things about the Plantronics 665 and Jawbone bluetooth units but am not sure if they will let me listen to music and then interrupt when call come in? Any suggestions?
    06-19-08 08:11 AM
    As a cyclist and coach my best suggestion is that you leave the headphones at home when on the bike. Riders who use headphones cause accidents getting themselves and others around them seriously hurt. Remember that bikes are vehicles like cars are. If you wouldn't through headphones on while driving don't do it on the bike.
    06-19-08 08:20 AM
    while monkeyjones is right about the bike/vehicle thing, im sure that there are times other than cycling that you would like a stereo headset, like running, the gym, laundry, etc...

personally, i have the motorola s9. its pretty comfortable, and light.
    06-19-08 09:42 AM
    I use the Motorola S9 almost daily while biking. I live in an area where there is about 26 miles of bike path which keeps me off the streets and pretty safe. The S9 is wireless and light, and will pause the music when you have an incoming call. You are also able to hear text and email notifications over the music, and are also able to answer calls by hitting the button on the side and talk without having to stop. The sound quality is not quite as good as the wired headphones, and I have also found that if i don't put it in a belt case that it will cut in and out if its just in your pocket as you move because the signal gets blocked by your body.
    Last edited by cmckeegan; 06-19-08 at 11:18 AM.
    06-19-08 11:15 AM
    I don't cycle in an area where traffic will be a concern, but I do know of the problems cyclists with earphones cause.
    06-19-08 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD