I have a old bluetooth headset I've been using for a while now. It's a Motorola H300 (I think, don't have it with me to look at it at the moment).

Anyway, my previous phone before my 8310 was a Razr V3xx. It worked great on it. My favorite feature was I could listen to music from the Razr through the bluetooth headset, and when someone called my individual ringtones for whoever was calling would play through the headset.

Now on my 8310 it works fine for making and receiving calls, but music will not go through the headset, and the individual ringtones don't come through anymore, just some standard generic "hey your phone is ringing" tone is played in my ear.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this? I thought if a piddly little Razr could do something a Blackberry could do it in spades. Although this is may be a "media" feature that RIM didn't take into consideration when making the 8310s.
    11-28-08 01:14 PM
    I imagine the RIM phones process data/music files separately from voice calls, and am guessing you'll need an upgraded bluetooth. I could be wrong ..
    11-28-08 01:16 PM
    the last time I checked, this cannot be done. The manufacturer of the headset uses their own ringtone in the headset. one way to get around this is to use a wired headset...which is more important?
    11-28-08 01:29 PM
    BB does not provide a Bluetooth service for music through a headset, which I think is referred to as an ear piece. BB Bluetooth does provide a service for stereo headsets.
    11-28-08 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD