I've searched and found this thread in the storm section but I have a 8320 Curve and i dont know if the bt versions are the same.

so far i've tried the moto h700 and the samsung wep350

the moto worked fine, nothing fancy, just didnt fit very well, it wasn't an in ear headset and the volume was never loud enough. (sent it through the wash by accident)

the samsung wep350 was a great fit, looked good, but anytime i have my curve in the pouch on the opposite side of my body, the headset disconnects. during a call if i didn't hold the phone close to my face there was major static (returned it, POS)

jawboneII, awesome packaging! haha, same problem, static when the phone and headset are on opposite sides of my body.

blueant z9i, same issue, static when phone and headset are on opposite sides of my body. wasn't able to control the volume with my handset, very annoying.

so i've been reading reviews on the blueant v9i, jawboneII, plantronics 925 etc...what i really like to know is what you use and if anyone has static issues. i'm mainly concerned about the disconnection issues and static when the headset and phone are on opposite sides of my body.

i would like to ask crackberry members to try this with their headsets, putting the phone in your pocket or pouch on the opposite side of your body from the headset and see if there is static.

Thanks...
    Last edited by c32c7; 01-14-09 at 07:13 PM.
    01-14-09 11:00 AM
    My wife loves her plantronics 925 (threatened to kill me if I didn't give it back to her...)
    01-14-09 11:10 AM
    My wife and I use the Jawbone. It has great sound quality and the voice commands feature works well with my Storm.
    01-14-09 11:12 AM
    I use the Jawbone. It is THE BEST headset that I have ever used. However it is designed for speech intelligability and not for music quality so use it just for phone calls.

Checl out this thread too. It has a few intersting comments http://forums.crackberry.com/f136/20...essory-129405/ The polls closed last Sunday so the information is still current.
    01-14-09 11:13 AM
    I use the BlueAnt z9. Only one I've used, no complaints.
    01-14-09 11:21 AM
    I'm using the Jabra BT 530, which is my first bluetooth. I love it. I can't believe I've gone on for so long without using bluetooth. Anyway, I don't know about other headsets, but I really like the fact that I can listen to the music on my phone with it.
    01-14-09 11:29 AM
    Jabra JX20 Pura here...
    01-14-09 11:34 AM
    I use the Plantronics Voyager 510. Great sound quality, good price, comfortable.
    01-14-09 11:35 AM
    Oakley RazrWire. Now I need to find something for night driving and cloudy days...
    01-14-09 11:41 AM
    Jabra 4010. Great unit. No flashing lights, on screen battery level.
    01-14-09 11:42 AM
    I use the Jabra BT8010. It works great for talking and listening to music. The ability to add the second earpiece for stereo music is great. It has caller ID on the earpiece and vibrate which are great features too.

As for call quality, I was using it a while back and I had the earpiece in my pocket. I walked down the hall from my office to the break room and my earpiece started to buzz in my pocket. I looked to see that it was one of the IT guys calling me. I answered the phone and started talking to him, but midway through the conversation I realized that my phone was still on my desk. It had connected the call and worked with crystal clear reception from about 20 feet away and through 4 walls.
    01-14-09 11:44 AM
    ok i just tried the jawboneII and blueant z9i today, same issues, when i put my phone in my pocket/pouch on the opposite side of my body, major static.
    Last edited by c32c7; 01-14-09 at 07:12 PM.
    01-14-09 07:09 PM
    Moto H12 here. Good sound quality, works well with my Curve in a pants pocket, voice commands also work well. No complaints.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 07:18 PM
    I use two different ones currently. Jawbone 2 and Plantronics HS-655. Both are amazing imho. I have used BlueAnt in the past, and that one was very good as well.
    01-14-09 07:22 PM
    I use the Jawbone (the original) on both Blackberry phones. I have also used the same unit on an older 8700 series blackberry. I never had any problems with any of them. I have no experience with the new Jawbone II. One last thing, I drive with my phone in the holster and have never had a static problem. Could your problem be the phone? Suggest connecting your blue tooth to someone else's phone to see if you get the same results.
    Last edited by jrod3055; 01-14-09 at 07:40 PM.
    01-14-09 07:36 PM
    I use the jawbone! It's a great headset
    01-14-09 07:37 PM
    I've also got the BT8010. This is a really cool headset; it has the mono piece if you just want to talk on the phone or listen to music in one ear (and GREAT sound quality for a headset), and the attachable stereo piece so you can talk on the phone or listen to music in stereo! It's also got voice dial, redial, caller ID (on a little OLED screen), and even a 30-entry phonebook, in the headset itself! So you can click menu->phonebook and call people without ever touching your phone. Not to mention the headset itself vibrates.

Will you use all these crazy features? Of course not, but they're still cool to have and it's a nice mono/stereo headset with great sound quality and incredible range. I can go across my house without losing the bluetooth connection! The only drawback is the size and fit. It's not too big, though compared to other headsets it's huge (the stereo piece is smaller) and it's not for the fashion-concious: it definitely looks pretty geeky. But we're Crackberrians, we don't care about that!
    01-14-09 08:18 PM
    I've also got the BT8010. This is a really cool headset; it has the mono piece if you just want to talk on the phone or listen to music in one ear (and GREAT sound quality for a headset), and the attachable stereo piece so you can talk on the phone or listen to music in stereo! It's also got voice dial, redial, caller ID (on a little OLED screen), and even a 30-entry phonebook, in the headset itself! So you can click menu->phonebook and call people without ever touching your phone. Not to mention the headset itself vibrates.

Will you use all these crazy features? Of course not, but they're still cool to have and it's a nice mono/stereo headset with great sound quality and incredible range. I can go across my house without losing the bluetooth connection! The only drawback is the size and fit. It's not too big, though compared to other headsets it's huge (the stereo piece is smaller) and it's not for the fashion-concious: it definitely looks pretty geeky. But we're Crackberrians, we don't care about that!
    I just picked up one of these at TigerDirect for $20. A great buy for such a feature filled set!

01-14-09 08:32 PM
    I use the Jawbone (the original) on both Blackberry phones. I have also used the same unit on an older 8700 series blackberry. I never had any problems with any of them. I have no experience with the new Jawbone II. One last thing, I drive with my phone in the holster and have never had a static problem. Could your problem be the phone? Suggest connecting your blue tooth to someone else's phone to see if you get the same results.
    ya we tried both blueant z9i and jawboneII at the tmo store, i had the sales guy test it out on his phone just to make sure it wasn't my phone having problems.

my moto h700 never had that problem, even tho it was very uncomfortable to wear after 10 minutes.
    01-15-09 02:59 AM
    bt8010 is too much headset for me, i found that the cheapie samsung wep301 works. i didnt get a chance to try the moto h12 since all the places i went were sold out, i was told it was discontinued and i didnt want to risk ordering it online and have it not work.

why are the expensive headsets causing so much problem and the cheapo one work fine, i don't get it.
    01-16-09 06:20 AM
    I use the moto h700 with my 8310 no problem luv it

01-16-09 08:39 AM
    I've got a Jawbone (original) and a Jabra BT530 and I love them both. Use the 530 more though as it's size/weight are a lot better for me. Call quality/range is excellent.
    01-16-09 08:43 AM
    If I'm looking for the cheapest headset that I can still listen to the media player from (doesn't even need to be stereo, but needs A2DP I understand?) - any recommendations? I only need to listen to speeches on it, not music, so quality not all that important
    01-16-09 09:08 AM
    i use the blueAnt V1. Love it! A little tricky with voice commands but getting used to it. Only complaint is that it cannot stream music or voice prompts for VZ Nav.

But its the most comfortable and secure set I've ever had and the voice isolation is great!
    01-16-09 09:34 AM
    I have a jawbone and honestly, I am not all that impressed. If you want something small go for it. I have a Jabra BT250 and I like that one so much better.
    01-16-09 11:18 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD