This is something that has bothered me for a while, when I want to turn on the bluetooth I have to go through a menu despite a perfectly good shortcut key routing me to the stupid camera. I am wondering if there is anyway to have the button simply enable/ disable the bluetooth broadcast allowing me to hookup my bluetooth without looking at the screen; my battery is starting to go and I really don't want to have bluetooth on 24/7 for battery and security reasons. Please note I read the post about the Storm I am unrealistically hoping the curve 8330 is different. And if it isn't why? The 8530 has stupid multimedia buttons why not an easy to use bluetooth short cut most people would find that more sensible than trying turn a business phone into a teeny bopper iPod sorry folks Miley Ray stays on the apple product while I check company e-mails on the Canadian wonder (from mexico).
    08-20-10 10:15 PM
    QuickLaunch - The Swiss Army Knife of Blackberry Apps! - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store offers that feature and more. I use it to toggle Bluetooth when I'm low on battery, although I'm not sure that having Bluetooth on and not paired with any device actually uses any noticeable power.
    08-20-10 10:32 PM
    Options>Screen/Keyboard, scroll down to Right Convenience Key, click it, scroll to find which Bluetooth selection you have in the list, select that option, escape and save. Now your Convenience Key will open your Bluetooth menu. You can do a similar thing by using that key for Manage Connections.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 10:52 PM
    Options>Screen/Keyboard, scroll down to Right Convenience Key, click it, scroll to find which Bluetooth selection you have in the list, select that option, escape and save. Now your Convenience Key will open your Bluetooth menu. You can do a similar thing by using that key for Manage Connections.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah I have that but still I have to look at the screen, I am going to try leaving the bluetooth enabled and see what my battery life is before jumping into quicklaunch
    08-21-10 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD