Is it possible to bluetooth or email an application Blackberry to Blackberry. I have serveral friends with the Curve and was wondering if we ever all got together could we exchange apps we like?

-Rafe-
    12-16-08 02:33 PM
    I have experimented with sending and receiving Bluetooth files between devices, it works fine.

The file you need is a JAR. That contains the required JAD and COD files plus the loader to install it.
    12-16-08 02:53 PM
    The file you need is a JAR. That contains the required JAD and COD files plus the loader to install it.
    How do you get to these files? Would this work on free and paid apps both?
    12-16-08 03:01 PM
    When you are downloading programs, JAR files are used for OTA installs. After they are installed, they will still have to be activated.
    12-16-08 03:06 PM
    What is OTA? I believe it's like a direct link to download the file, but what does it stand for? Also if you sent a JAR file then when you go through the activation after receiving the file would you then have to pay if it were a paid app?
    12-16-08 03:10 PM
    OTA mean Over The Air. It uses your data to deliver and install the application.

Yes, if it is not a free app, the person installing it pays for a new activation.
    12-16-08 03:13 PM
    Gotcha...allows for the programers to make sure users aren't just buying a copy and spreading it around the net like wildfire?
    12-16-08 03:15 PM
    If an app is downloaded OTA and installed, is the JAR file stored somewhere in the process? If not, I guess you would need to explicitly store the file as opposed to installing it in order to send it to someone else, right?
    12-16-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD