I paired my phone 8320 with my garmin nuvi 660. worked fine the first day. the second day it would not connect. I can manually try to connect and it will but then disconnect within about 30 seconds. Don't know what I am doing wrong, my razor would connect every time I turned on the garmin and stay connected. Maybe its something stupid on my part but I have tried just about every setting, bluetooth setting is set to on.

device properties:

device name=garmin
    trusted=yes
    encryption=enabled
    echo control=automatic

device name=blackberry
    discoverable=no (tried yes and no)
    allow outgoing calls=always
    address book transfer= all entries
    led connection= on

dammit, I quit jacking with it after numerous attempts, I just got turned the garmin on and it connected

anyone have any info on what I am doing wrong, I just know tomorrow morning when I get in my car this thing will not connect......
    11-13-07 04:14 PM
    I have had similar problems with my 8300 and nuvi 680. Seem that if I get in the car with bluetooth enabled on my phone and then turned on the nuvi, it would connect then disconnect (not always). But, if the nuvi was already on and I got in the car with bluetooth enabled on my phone everything connected and worked fine. Just a little humor, I got home one day left the nuvi on and went inside. I received a call on my curve but couldn't answer, the nuvi was still connected to my phone via bluetooth. I thought it was funny.

Don't give up, it does work and work very well.
    11-13-07 04:44 PM
    I have had similar problems with my 8300 and nuvi 680. Seem that if I get in the car with bluetooth enabled on my phone and then turned on the nuvi, it would connect then disconnect (not always). But, if the nuvi was already on and I got in the car with bluetooth enabled on my phone everything connected and worked fine. Just a little humor, I got home one day left the nuvi on and went inside. I received a call on my curve but couldn't answer, the nuvi was still connected to my phone via bluetooth. I thought it was funny.

Don't give up, it does work and work very well.
    It worked fine today and the rest of the day yesterday, fingers crossed. Sounds like we have the same concern. I also noticed that my missed call log, received call log, and address book are all screwed on the nuvi 660. The address book shows names I dont have in my phone address book, vcard for one phone number, whatever the **** that it? I went to the garmin site and looked up the phone for compatibale. The only non compatibale option was the sms text messaging. I even tried to transfer the address book more than once and the issues are still present. Is yours having the same issues. I am lost. My razr had no issues whatsoever with my garmin. I could press the call log on the nuvi and it was always right on.
    11-14-07 08:17 PM
    This phone is a piece of crap, it still disconnects at will. My call logs on the Nuvi 660 are not correct, trying to transfer the audio to the phone doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas on what I could do?
    11-28-07 07:16 PM
    I got the same problem with my BB 8830 and garmin nuvi 660. This problem started after I upgraded to the latest unit version 4.20 update from the garmin site. I got weird entries on my address book (vcard and strange phone #s for my contacts. I wish I could roll it back to the previous device software version but I can't find any help from garmin site how to do this. I even tried to disable encryption on the BB as well as change the transfer address book option to "Hotlist" entries instead of "All entries". I'm hoping someone can give us some lights into this issue.
    12-05-07 07:05 PM
    I had the older software version in my Garmin and updated it last week, it still has all the problems. Sometimes it will connect but more than likely it will disconnect about 20 seconds after they do connect with one another. My motorola bluetooth works fine with the BB curve, just the Garmin is giving me **** or is it the BB. Like I said before my razr worked flawless with the Garmin. So now the Garmin has the latest and greatest and so does the BB but I still have the issues... :
    12-07-07 09:34 PM
    I'm having the same problem with a Sprint 8830 and Garmin nuvi 360. Any ideas on a remedy would be greatly appreciated.
    12-28-07 03:45 PM
    There are issues with the bluetooth stack on the RIM OS's from 4.2.1 and up. The bluetooth will randomly disconnect. Depending on the application and bluetooth device being used you may have to remove the battery from the BB in order to get bluetooth connectivity back. Hopefully this will be fixed in OS 4.3. It wasn't an issue in 4.2.0.
    12-28-07 11:58 PM
    downgrading to garmin bluetooth v2.4 (available from garmin cs or their italian site) will temporarily fix the pairing issue with 4.3 until rim is able to update~
    01-02-08 05:51 AM
    You will all be happy to know that I have the solution. I contacted Garmin because I had the same problem with my Nuvi 760 and my BB 8320.

Download (you have to remove the spaces. I didn't want to do it this way, but I have to have 10 posts to post a url, but I didn't want to spam the forums): http:// img . imwinc . net / downloads / 006B055301 . GCD and then read the email conversation below:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I will be more than happy to help you with this. If you have a unit where the Bluetooth is disabled and when you attempt to enable it gets stuck on the �Enabling Bluetooth� message please use the attached file. The problem is the Bluetooth firmware on the device is corrupted. When you receive this file you will want to save it to the computer, drag and drop it into the RemoteSW folder which is under the Garmin folder on the unit which can be found once you connect the unit to the computer and go into mass storage. You will then allow the unit to reboot itself when they disconnect it from the computer. This should allow the Updating Bluetooth Firmware sequence to come up allowing you to enable the Bluetooth once it is finished.
    01-23-08 05:26 PM
    Kasl33 - Thanks for the post. This fix worked for my 8130 with a nuvi 360.

Thanks again!
    03-01-08 03:08 PM
    Wow! Well that explains why my headset often disconnects and reconnects whenever it feels like it
    03-01-08 03:13 PM
    This is the fix I have been searching for. I have been pulling my hair out trying to back-rev the update as it worked perfectly before I did the Bluetooth upgrade with the Garmin Updater.

03-03-08 12:00 PM
    I had all the same issues with my pre-Curve phone (a Palm Treo 650). When I updated my Garmin Nuvi 660 to the latest Bluetooth firmware version, it would cause my Treo 650 to reboot once, twice, sometimes three times upon trying to pair with the Nuvi 660. Restoring the older Nuvi Bluetooth) firmware (see earlier post) solved the problem. Garmin tech support told me that this rebooting/disconnect problem was a "known issue with Palm and Blackberry devices." They were supposed to be working on a fix but still haven't corrected it as far as I know. Having significant issues with Palm and BB devices seems to be a major issue with their development and testing process, IMHO. That's an awfully big customer base to upset.

Mike
    03-03-08 12:44 PM
    i cant get the link to work for me
    03-16-08 11:12 PM
    wow i cant believe that i finally got it working great now because of that firmware update it is great thanks
    03-16-08 11:23 PM
    wow i cant believe that i finally got it working great now because of that firmware update it is great thanks
    Actually it wasn't an update, it was a downgrade. The current version of Bluetooth on the Garmin is "3.0" and has some nice new features. This file downgrades it back to version "2.4". There was an interim version "2.8" which also had the disconnect/reconnect problem.
    Hopefully Garmin will come out with a version that actually fixes the problem they introduced rather than making us go back to an old version.

Muffy
    03-29-08 01:54 PM
    kasl33 .. Great fix for pairing NUVI 360 with Blackberry 8100 pearl.

I had a hard time connecting my phone to GPS. It was getting disconnected once or twice every minute.

I wonder why Garmin(one of the best providers of GPS technology) is still figuring out the problem instead of fixing it.

I am not sure why the file got corrupted as I got my GPS just a couple of days ago.

Ur fix works great for now. Saved a lot of time calling customer care.

Thanks a lot.

Hav fun
    04-08-08 10:39 PM
    this worked for about a day for me, then everytime I turn Garmin on, it looks for phone...finds it...looks like it will work....then 10 seconds later, it disconnects
    06-23-08 09:03 AM
    I had the same problem,
    going crazy all day yesterday, pairing NUVI 360 to blackberry world ed. 8830... After two seconds the connection was terminated.
    You could almost tell it was the Nuvi stopping the connection, since it raised the "Phone is disconnected" OK box and then the BlackBerry reacted a second after that.
    Anyway, I just went to the Garmin Site and first uploaded the LATEST Garmin APPlication Software and then uploaded the latest BLUE-TOOTH Firmware file.
    Presto ! It paired up successfully (and IT STAYS THAT WAY!)...
    I'd be skeptical to get earlier versions the Blue-tooth firmware,
    I would recommend getting the latest, since it just worked for me.
    Regards,
    09-10-08 04:10 PM
    Using the link above just worked for my new nuvi 360. My BB8130 rebooted twice before I could get it to pair, and then when I did get it to pair, the nuvi kept disconnecting after 10 seconds. Using the link to get the older version worked great. THANKS FOR THE POST!!
    10-01-08 04:08 PM
    I have had this problem with both a Sprint and a Verizon 8830 WE. I have a Motorola H710 bluetooth earpiece. Intermittently, my BB would disable the bluetooth function. First I had a Sprint 8830 and the bluetooth would disconnect. I exchanged the bluetooth for a new unit (same model), but the problem still occured. I recently got a Verizon 8830 and the same problem with the bluetooth automatically disconnecting still occurs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-24-08 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD