I recently purchased 2 Jabra BT5050 Handsfree Speakerphones, one for each of the Blackberry Curve 8330's my wife and I have. Pairing, connection and use of the unit for my wife was no problem with her Curve; my issue arises once I have my Curve connected (pairing and connection is no issue). Basically, there is no automatic transfer of calls I make via the Curve to the Jabra unit; I must push the button on the Jabra to have it go through the handsfree speaker. This should happen automatically, like it does on my wife's Curve.

I have contacted Jabra who indicated it was most likely a Bluetooth communication issue between my Curve and the Handsfree unit and suggested a Curve battery pull. This did not fix the problem, nor did exchanging the Jabra unit for another one. So I have concluded it is a potential issue with my phone. My carrier technical support people are stumped as to what it might be as well; I even performed a handsfree wipe at their request to see if that would do anything, which is didn't.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or a similar one. I have seached many forums across the internet without any luck. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!
    02-20-09 07:29 AM
    Go into bluetooth options and make sure "discoverable" is set to yes.
    02-20-09 09:32 AM
    Thanks Renocat. However, whether or not I am in "discoverable" status, the calls still do not automatically transfer over to the handsfree unit as they should.

A small note: a few weeks back, my Curve started to do somethings out the of the ordinary including the lost of the audible sound of dialing when I was making a call. Now when I make a call, I hear nothing; the call just connects!
    02-20-09 01:09 PM
    I get the same thing on my storm. I went out and bought a new headset thinking the old was was trash ...same issue. I have to push speakerphone and then again to bluetooth. Defewats the purpose of hands free
    03-21-09 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD