I can't use blue tooth to sync my device even though I have updated both, OS and desktop mgr. to latest versions.
    The option for bluetooth comes shaded and it doesn't allow me to check it therefore can't connect. My laptop sees the bluetooth device but still.
    I have XP OS on my laptop. Anybody has the solution for this problem?
    Thank you very much.
    11-05-08 06:47 AM
    Are U using the standard Microsoft drivers for BlueTooth?
    11-05-08 07:04 AM
    is a dell laptop and has a bluetooth app so I guess I am not using Microsoft's drivers. I am sorry but I am not very knowledgeable, please educate me.
    Tks!
    11-05-08 07:09 AM
    Google for "Microsoft Bluetooth driver" and download it. Uninstall your BlueTooth device through Control Panel, reboot and when XP finds the BlueTooth component of your Laptop install it with the downloaded driver. This should now allow your BB to connect with BT just fine
    11-05-08 07:17 AM
    3rd party bluetooth drivers such as Widcomm will not work, unless they include services specifically for smartphone sync. The Broadcomm (Belkin) drive is one that does.

When you search MS.com for the bluetooth driver look for a section that lists the device it supports as the list is somewhat limited.
    11-05-08 07:41 AM
    11-05-08 07:45 AM
    not quite sure what you mean by uninstall the device, you mean the blue tooth on my laptop or the BB?
    11-05-08 07:47 AM
    I think he means uninstall or disable your current driver.
    11-05-08 08:12 AM
    my laptop is the last XP's that were built and came with SP3 so it should have all the latest drivers so I am at loss with this.
    I will appreciate it if anybody can help me sort this out.
    thank you all for you input.
    11-05-08 08:21 AM
    Check out this article:How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems in Windows XP Service Pack 2

Also, you'll have to search deep at MS for additional help. I recall seeing some things about editing registry items to get things working as well. Start with the articles I posted and search from there.
    11-05-08 08:44 AM
    i can't seem to find a "bluetooth driver" on Microsoft site, they list 134 when I click on drivers but none are named close to BT or similar, any pointers here?
    11-05-08 08:49 AM
    Did you follow the instructions in the articles I posted?
    11-05-08 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD