I'am trying to use my 8130 to receive files from my laptop, i have tried all of the basic things by checking the forums with no success. I run Bluetooth file transfer from my laptop, i have the password set on both and i have both devices set to find each other? Any help would be appreciated.
    08-07-08 06:29 PM
    Whenever I pair my HP Compaq nc4400 laptop and my Verizon 8830 and look at the bluetooth services available, I see DUN on the laptop as the service provided by the 8830 and NOTHING on the 8830 for services provided by the laptop. Based solely on that, I had concluded that all I could use the 8830 for was to tether the laptop. That doesn't solve your problem, but maybe it corroborates your findings.
    08-07-08 07:35 PM
    you have to put your files in a bluetooth exchange folder designated for bluetooth transfer. Make sure encryption is turned off and when you are ready to transfer to berry go to explore file folders and hit menu key scroll to receive using bluetooth then send to bb using bluetooth by right clicking on file in your computer. Oh and obviously have both paired with one another before you try. You can't just right click and send file, will not work.
    08-07-08 11:58 PM
    you have to put your files in a bluetooth exchange folder designated for bluetooth transfer. Make sure encryption is turned off and when you are ready to transfer to berry go to explore file folders and hit menu key scroll to receive using bluetooth then send to bb using bluetooth by right clicking on file in your computer. Oh and obviously have both paired with one another before you try. You can't just right click and send file, will not work.
    That worked, almost exactly as you said. The only difference may have been due to my misunderstanding your instructions.
    I created a folder on the laptop called "Bluetooth Exchange" and put two small text files in it.
    When I right-clicked the folder and selected "Send To Bluetooth Device," I got the error message: "The Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard cannot transfer folders. To transfer the contents of a folder, open the folder and select the files that you want to send."
    When I opened the folder, I could send the files, but only one at a time. If I selected them both, I had to receive the first one, then select receive using bluetooth on the blackberry again to receive the second file.

This same process works to send any file from my desktop, so I guess I missed the point of creating a bluetooth exchange folder on my laptop desktop. I couldn't find any folder properties that would facilitate exchanging files via bluetooth.

Thank you for explaining the process. I had used that exact same process to transfer pictures to my blackberry, but when I read the OP question about files, I failed to make the same association. Simple, once you explained it.
    08-08-08 06:08 AM
    Thanks for the info. I got my BB paired with the PC, but no file transfer service showed up. Didn't really spend much time on it, so I'll have to go back and look at it again.
    08-08-08 06:19 AM
    Nobody had to install OBEX for Vista to there Laptop? Because I'am still having trouble, I'am bout ready to give up this can't be this hard or is it.........
    08-08-08 12:06 PM
    Nobody had to install OBEX for Vista to there Laptop? Because I'am still having trouble, I'am bout ready to give up this can't be this hard or is it.........
    with vista it should already be set up. If you have bluetooth capabilities built into your laptop and vista was installed properly.
    08-08-08 02:25 PM
    what kind of computer is it? Are you using a bt dongle?
    08-08-08 02:35 PM
    With Vista you may already have it set up but making your two devices do what you want will not be easy with vista.

I'm not a big fan of an OS that's so tough on the user.

I'm an att rep and we can't sell some aircards for vista because third party devices aren't supported very well when it comes to vista.
    08-08-08 02:36 PM
    Thanks for the info. I got my BB paired with the PC, but no file transfer service showed up. Didn't really spend much time on it, so I'll have to go back and look at it again.
    Do a search on your computer for your bluetooth installed on your system. You need to find the directory and where the exchange folder is. Usually it is stored in my documents folder this is standard default tree location for most bluetooth software application.
    08-08-08 02:39 PM
    With Vista you may already have it set up but making your two devices do what you want will not be easy with vista.

I'm not a big fan of an OS that's so tough on the user.

I'm an att rep and we can't sell some aircards for vista because third party devices aren't supported very well when it comes to vista.
    I had vista when it was first released. was using a bt dongle w/ xp after upgrade it disabled my drivers etc. and I spent alot of time trying to fix to no avail. I went back to xp ser3 and i have no issues very user friendly w/ blue tooth. They have come a long way w/ bluetooth in past yr or so. I love it and only use bt for transfer as much as i can.
    08-08-08 02:43 PM
    I have Lenovo IBM Think pad, i just put Vista Enterprise on it but my laptop didn't come with bluetooth installed on it so i purchased an after market USB bluetooth chip from Kenington, i use a mircosoft mouse np, i have gotten lil farther with this probelm today. Error message " Remote Device does not support service" Seems my BB starts up but don't stay on to transfer, the LED blinks blue a few times then stops.
    08-08-08 05:17 PM
    Also i have found all my folders on my laptop, Push, Image and File Transfer, also have tried to put music, image and simple text.
    08-08-08 05:25 PM
    I have Lenovo IBM Think pad, i just put Vista Enterprise on it but my laptop didn't come with bluetooth installed on it so i purchased an after market USB bluetooth chip from Kenington, i use a mircosoft mouse np, i have gotten lil farther with this probelm today. Error message " Remote Device does not support service" Seems my BB starts up but don't stay on to transfer, the LED blinks blue a few times then stops.
    what is exact make of dongle? You are gonna have to most likely dload updated software for the usb dongle. must be vista compatible update.

If this is your dongle Bluetooth® USB Adapter 2.0 then install this software and driver http://update.broadcom.com/downloads...tialupdate.exe. This patch will reconfigure you blue tooth dongle to support the transfer to and fro bb and comp.
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 08-08-08 at 09:53 PM.
    08-08-08 07:45 PM
    here is more links to help you
    Re: IBM THINKPAD 42 - VISTA ULTIMATE - BLUETOOTH DRIVERS - T Series ThinkPads - lenovo community
    Lenovo Support & downloads - Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate software for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit - 3000 N200 (type 0687), V200
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 08-08-08 at 09:53 PM.
    08-08-08 09:50 PM
    I have downloaded all the available drivers from lenovo site, my BT is kensington.... I have been reading lil bout it alot ppl arent happy with this item it seems. It is the very small BT chip. I used your other link with still no success. Part i'am not getting it is works fine with my microsoft mouse i used it soon as i hooked it up with out ne probelms. I have reinstalled the kensington software twice now also.
    08-09-08 10:04 AM
    Something else to add, my roommate has Bluetooth on his laptop and i have no problem transferring files from my laptop to his laptop through Bluetooth.. But i can't not use my blackberry to send or recieve to either laptop, getting real frustrating........
    08-09-08 11:05 AM
    I have downloaded all the available drivers from lenovo site, my BT is kensington.... I have been reading lil bout it alot ppl arent happy with this item it seems. It is the very small BT chip. I used your other link with still no success. Part i'am not getting it is works fine with my microsoft mouse i used it soon as i hooked it up with out ne probelms. I have reinstalled the kensington software twice now also.
    Thats weird i have the same bluetooth dongle , it didn't work so well when i first got it so i chucked it in my drawer. I was going through some stuff and stumbled upon it reinstalled with the latest drivers software and it has been working great on my computer running xp ser pk 3. It definitely has to do with Vista, i tried this dongle w/ vista to no avail. My advice would be to buy a brand new bt dongle something that definitely supports vista. Im not running vista on any of my systems at the moment , it crashes my computer too much when i us it so for now I stay away.There is to much software/hardware that doesn't work well with Vista.
    08-09-08 11:22 AM
    Sorry Nosz71 for not being for not being able to offer anymore assistance on this. I am not going to reinstall Vista right now, was thinking about it to help but I know i am going to open up a can of worms for me that not looking forward to. I will look around some more for info. Probably not going to find any links that will rectify this issue, as I said your easiest solution will be to buy a newer model bt dongle. Kensington doesn't have many bt dongles for sale go to another company.
    08-09-08 11:30 AM
    Something else to add, my roommate has Bluetooth on his laptop and i have no problem transferring files from my laptop to his laptop through Bluetooth.. But i can't not use my blackberry to send or recieve to either laptop, getting real frustrating........
    Hey have you tried configuring your bluetooth on your computer. Right click on bluetooth tray icon and go to local services and try adding a serial service or reconfigure bt port for file transfer. I know wjhen i installed this dongle i had to do that for this to work. I can transfer any file contacts music movies etc. I also have it set up to route my calls to my computer if paired so when my phone rings i talk trough my computer headset. I can record calls to a designated file folder, its pretty cool. It may come down to a configuration issue right now for you but not 100% sure with info you posted. Play around with it might be able to make it work. You can call me if you want and i will try and walk you through the process i used.
    08-09-08 11:41 AM
    I had XP Pro SVP 3 on my laptop then it got a few viruses so i wanted to upgrade my laptop more ram external HD ect, was reason i went to Vista. I never got to try it out on XP but we got two servers here n 5-6 laptops imma try to use it on a VM running XP SVP3 and see if i can get it work on the VM3 box. I thought maybe was my BT Chip but seems more like my BB atm, but i will let ya now bout testing it on XP later.
    08-09-08 11:41 AM
    Hey have you tried configuring your bluetooth on your computer. Right click on bluetooth tray icon and go to local services and try adding a serial service or reconfigure bt port for file transfer. I know wjhen i installed this dongle i had to do that for this to work. I can transfer any file contacts music movies etc. I also have it set up to route my calls to my computer if paired so when my phone rings i talk trough my computer headset. I can record calls to a designated file folder, its pretty cool. It may come down to a configuration issue right now for you but not 100% sure with info you posted. Play around with it might be able to make it work. You can call me if you want and i will try and walk you through the process i used.
    Yes i have multiple times. I have tried comm port 40 41a serial configuration also, all for BL lol kinda funny how much time i have wasted on this so far but i wanna now why it don't work.
    08-09-08 11:45 AM
    Yes i have multiple times. I have tried comm port 40 41a serial configuration also, all for BL lol kinda funny how much time i have wasted on this so far but i wanna now why it don't work.
    I hear ya but it will be worth it once you get it working right. Bt is awesome i, no wires and quick transfer once it is working right very user friendly i Love it never going back. It should work fine on xp that is what i am using with same dongle. Let me ask you how is the bluetooth configuration on your bb. Do you have encryption turned of and trusted for computer? That is how mine is and as far as my bt properties for bb, discoverable-yes
    allow outgoing calls-yes
    address book transfer-all entries
    led connection indicator-on
    08-09-08 11:57 AM
    Yes i took off encryption both are discoverable address book all entries LED indicator, and allow out going calls. Laptop is set for trusted too. This morning so far i can keep my BB running on BT the LED is blinking always i can turn it off and back on with no problems, but still cannot get ne transferring of pictures files music to go through.
    08-09-08 12:17 PM
    you are putting files in exchange folder then right click send to bb using bt right?
    08-09-08 01:09 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD