I was wondering if anyone could help with this problem? I have a bunch of ringtones on my phone-not bought, made from files on my computer-that my bf wants. We both have 8320's-mine is T-Mo, his is unlocked T-Mo on ATT-, have paired them, but cannot for the life of us get them to connect! Every time we try to send any type of file-photo, ringtone, anything-using Bluetooth, it tells us failure to transfer almost immediately after we click send. This is really getting on our nerves-we love our Blackberries, but are almost to the point where we want another type of phone if we can't get this figured out! (We've been trying since last October-ish with NO luck!) Could someone please explain how Blackberry bluetooth works since we obviously aren't smart enough to figure it out? It would be VERY much appreciated!
    02-15-09 06:06 PM
    What software version are your two phones? If I remember my 8310 curve when I had 4.2 software it did not support bluetooth file transfer but with 4.5 the option is there.
    02-15-09 09:32 PM
    View Document

you can try to follow that to make sure it's set up correctly but why not just use the usb cable if bluetooth isn't working?
    02-15-09 09:42 PM
    Cant you just use BBM, or email to send em between phones?
    02-15-09 09:54 PM
    I am running 4.5 on both phones, though I think that mine is the latest T-Mo release and his is running one or two versions down, but it's still 4.5 on both. We don't have data plans on our phones since we live full time (literally year round) on a fully wireless campus, so we just use Wi-Fi, so we can't BBM.

Now that I've said that-which USB cord could we use? We've had our phones for a while, but have been kinda bogged down with fact that we couldn't transfer files with it, so we haven't explored much beyond bluetooth... We sorta gave up until recently...
    02-15-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD