is it possible because every time some one trys to send me a picture or something it fails or i try to geta ringtone it fails

i know verizon phone have cripple bluetooth but does the blackberry to ?
    06-04-09 10:48 AM
    From the User Guide:
    Send a media file using Bluetooth technology
    Verify that Bluetooth� technology is turned on and that your BlackBerry� device is paired with a Bluetooth enabled device.
    1. In the media application, click a media type.
    2. Click a category.
    3. Highlight a media file.
    4. Press the Menu key.
    5. Click Send Using Bluetooth.
    6. Click a Bluetooth enabled device.
    7. Click Send.
    Receive a media file using Bluetooth technology
    Verify that Bluetooth� technology is turned on and that your BlackBerry� device is paired with a Bluetooth enabled device.
    1. In the media application, click a media type.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Receive Using Bluetooth.
    4. Click Yes.
    5. Click Save.

I have used Bluetooth to exchange pictures. You have to initiate the exchange from the BlackBerry, not the other device. I haven't used Bluetooth for Ringtones, but these instructions seem to indicate it's possible.
    06-04-09 10:54 AM
    Its funny you ask this now. My buddy at work just got an 8330 on verizon and I have an 8320 on t-mobile and we tried this earlier today. Although we could pair our phones i was not able to send him a pic. We didnt try sending one from his phone cause i lost interest and got busy lol.
    06-04-09 11:13 AM
    As Jeff has indicated, you have to INITIATE the transfer from the device RECEIVING the file.

But, if I'm not mistaken, Verizon blocks OBEX via Bluetooth on the 8330. So that might be the issue.
    06-04-09 11:19 AM
    The User Guide specifically states Media files. In another section, it talks about sharing contacts via Bluetooth. I think Motorcycle Mama is correct that the full OBEX protocol is not supported. OBEX does not appear in the User Guide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 11:29 AM
    WELL, i have a 8330 sprint, and i noticed that after i upgraded to 4.5 that i was not able to send or recieve through bluetooth, it comes up with "failed to find service", this has ticked me off somewhat but not enough to find out why, Plus i am able to use the MMS to send things, I wonder if this is the reason why.......
    06-04-09 06:14 PM
    I tried to send my contacts from LG Dare via bluetooth and I wasn't able too. I'm not sure if it was verizon or just my devices.

06-04-09 06:20 PM
    I have only been able to send contacts one at a time. I have not been able to send an entire address book to another smart phone.
    06-04-09 07:13 PM
    Well back wen I had 4.3 on verizon 8330 curve I was able to receive a ringtone from my cousins suncom curve with the standalone gps (verizon is pos agps ugh) I have upgraded to 4.5.0.131 I dunno if I still can guess ill find soon enough tho but one thing is certain 4.3 u can sure as **** do it on verizon 8330s

06-05-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD