Hi yesterday a blue and white antenna icon started to appear to the left of my messages icon, with a 1 and a red star on my Curve 8310.

I'm assuming it's cause I haven't checked it yet, but how do I check it and what is it?

I'm thinking it probably means I have to do a hard reset (battery remove), possibly to upgrade something from my provider (Rogers).
    01-29-08 01:55 PM
    Sounds like the Bluetooth icon.

Look like that?
    01-29-08 01:57 PM
    No, it's not the Bluetooth icon that appears on the far left side of the screen. I know what that icon looks like.
    01-29-08 01:59 PM
    Just checking. You'd be surprised.

There are a few different "notifications" that would alert you for that. have you checked your Browser for Push messages? And is there anything in your Messages folder at all? You might want to do a "Delete Prior" to make sure.

Can you take a screenshot of your Curve and post it on here?
    01-29-08 02:01 PM
    Also, go to

Messages > View Folders > look at each to see what as something new in it.

Is it any of these?

Last edited by nextgates; 01-29-08 at 02:07 PM.
    01-29-08 02:04 PM
    No it doesn't look like any of those and there's nothing in those folders.

It appears like two icons to the left of the messages icon at the top.

I will post a screenshot when i get home.
    01-29-08 02:25 PM
    Have you tried a Battery Pull?

But yeah, without seeing the Icon its hard to imagine.
    01-29-08 02:35 PM
    Ya I'm sure a battery pull might fix it, since if I were to guess it's probably telling me to reset my curve to get the latest updates from my service provider.

But, you know it would be nice to actually know what the icon means.

How come there's no list of all notification icons for the blackberry on the blackberry website. You would think that would be a given wouldn't you think?!?
    01-29-08 03:00 PM
    Did you ever resolve this issue? It looks like I am having a very similar problem, and I can't find a list of notifications tht show what the icons look like either.
    02-22-08 02:25 PM
    I experienced the exact, same problem. I decided to pop the battery and reboot my phone. Same blue icon showed up, without the red star this time. It happened to be my Facebook notification. The red star covers the "F", making it look as though it's an antenna. Hopefully, this helps!
    04-14-08 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD