Hi guys,

Newbie here switched from Treo 650 to BB 8310. The Treo 650 I had was with Verizon and that phone isn't really a smart phone but a handicapped smart phone (that's what I called it) because the bluetooth device isn't really any good it's only good for ear phone or bluetooth gps receiver. I've purchased a bluetooth receiver for my desktop and my treo 650 (verizon) didn't recognize it and I was told by the verizon ppl that you can't send and receive data via bluetooth with my phone.

My question is...
    Would I be able to use my BB 8310 (att) to send and receive data if i have a bluetooth receive on my desktop? If so how fast is it?
    01-03-09 02:01 AM
    I don't think so!

If you want to snyc data wirelessly try google sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 02:13 AM
    Hi guys,

Newbie here switched from Treo 650 to BB 8310. The Treo 650 I had was with Verizon and that phone isn't really a smart phone but a handicapped smart phone (that's what I called it) because the bluetooth device isn't really any good it's only good for ear phone or bluetooth gps receiver. I've purchased a bluetooth receiver for my desktop and my treo 650 (verizon) didn't recognize it and I was told by the verizon ppl that you can't send and receive data via bluetooth with my phone.

My question is...
    Would I be able to use my BB 8310 (att) to send and receive data if i have a bluetooth receive on my desktop? If so how fast is it?
    Yes you can! !

First you have to pair the 8310 with the Laptop/ Desktop. First switch on the Bluetooth Receiver/ Transmitter on you Desktop. Then go to Set Up Bluetooth on the BB/ Menu button/ Add Device.. Enter a number and send, confirm the pairing by entering the same number on the desktop.

Now you can send & receive data on your desktop and BB
    01-03-09 05:24 AM
    The speed will be the same as the type of bluetooth dongle, either USB 1.1 or USB 2.0.
    01-03-09 07:06 AM
    Thank you guys! So I tried it last night and the speed was pretty fast... I like BB even more now thanks for all the help!
    01-04-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD