Sorry if this has been asked before, is there a way to block specific contacts from SMS/MMS texting me?

TIA,

V
    02-23-09 11:41 AM
    For Sprint you can do this from their website. Not so sure about AT&T though.
    02-23-09 12:27 PM
    Hi All... I was inspired by pjkingphd's earlier post about Sprint/Nextel users being able to block sms from a specific number. After combing through their site with no luck I called tech suppt. Don't know if I'm the bonehead, or they are, but they said it couldn't be done. Good grief. Any specifics on "how" would be most appreciated. There's this ONE number that... well, you know.

Thanks!
    Majanne
    03-10-09 08:42 AM
    I'm not sure how AT&T does it but here are the instructions for Alltel.

How do I block unwanted text messages coming from phone numbers?

Prior to completing the following steps, make sure the auto signature feature is turned off for outgoing text messages.

1. Create a new text message on your wireless phone

2. Enter 8888 as the recipient.

3. Enter one of the following codes in the body of the message:

a. To Block: B + 10-digit mobile number (ex. B 5551234567) and send the text message. (Note : A space must be entered between � B � and the phone number.) This blocks the number from sending messages to you.

b. To Unblock: U + 10-digit mobile number (ex. U 5551234567) and send the text message. (Note : A space must be entered between � U � and the phone number.) This will unblock a number so they can send text messages to you again.

c. To Retrieve List of Already Blocked Numbers: Enter the letter "L" and send the text message. A list of numbers you currently have blocked will be sent back to you in a text message.

Senders who have been blocked will get the following message if they try to send you a text message: "You have been blocked from originating messages to this subscriber".
    03-10-09 09:20 AM
    Hey Anthony... well, I just tried your solution... thanks! I'm a Sprint user so I don't know if/how this will work for me but time will tell. Your suggestion was very much appreciated! Who is 8888 anyway?
    03-10-09 09:43 AM
    Okay, so with the best of hopes I gave it a shot and the (works great for Alltel customers) solution suggested by Anthony doesn't seem to work for Sprint customers. Ugh. That pesky texter got through. Anyone have ideas for us Sprint customers? pjkingphd, are you out there!?
    03-12-09 01:33 PM
    yeah you have to go online and look for it on the website...... i would just talk to a person online..... I am sure that they can help......
    03-12-09 03:40 PM
    I've tried blocking text messages with Sprint. My older phone was able to do it. I contacted Sprint and they say the BB 8330 doesn't have the capability to block text messages or phone calls from people.
    03-12-09 04:07 PM
    Here's what I came up with from a google search... Its halfway through the page (I think... Viewed it from the BB browser)

Support - How do I block text messages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 05:02 PM
    Anyone know if any of these blocks work with Verizon? (Curve?)
    03-12-09 09:22 PM
    Wow, now I know how to block text msgs from some peeps!! Thanks for the advice!! Gooo Crackberry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 09:24 PM
    FFMikeM, you're my hero! It works!!! So, I guess it was a little bit me being a bonehead (because I couldn't even find this on the Sprint site) AND Sprint... Oh well, the good news for anyone else is in Sprint-land is that it can be done!!! You CAN block up to 50 unwanted texters from reaching you

No worries!
    03-13-09 08:15 AM
    If you are with sprint all you have to do is go to sprint.com then sign in and at the next screen look for text messages in the bottom right hand corner and click on block text messages.
    03-13-09 09:26 AM
    I have a friend that has accidently blocked me and doesn't know how she did. I am getting that blocked message. Does anyone know how to undo the block on her end? Thanks
    07-18-09 12:47 PM
    I found this for Sprint/Nextel customers:
    support. sprint. com
    /support/article/Block_or_allow_text_messages_from_your_phone/case-cx832318-20091103-160141
    It wont let me paste a link so I improvised.
    06-07-10 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD