I have an 8310 that I've been trying to get to work for some time now. Initially it had an it policy and wouldn't register. I have removed the it policy and upgraded os to 4.5 and still nothing.

The phone works, the data doesn't. It will not go GPRS and I do not get my service books.

Is there a chance it is blacklisted, and if so, how do I find out? Any other thoughts?
    08-18-08 10:58 PM
    i assume you bought it used?

you need to get the blackberry add-on. if you already have it and have waited at least 48 hours for the service to be activated, then the previous owner probably didnt release the PIN from their previous account.

you'll need the previous owner to have the PIN released from their previous service provider or you can pay to have it done by a third party... usually about $100-150 to do that.
    08-18-08 11:03 PM
    Wow that would really stink to have to pay that much you'd probably have been better off buying new

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 11:12 PM
    Wow that would really stink to have to pay that much you'd probably have been better off buying new

it discourages theft.
    08-18-08 11:13 PM
    Curves retail $429 so maybe better of to buy new to begin with , but if he's already invested..........

08-18-08 11:17 PM
    Thanks for the replies. The bb worked in Canada with rogers. I moved overseas and now it won't register. Its an att bb wich was brand new.

The pin was released by rogers. Its not on a bes. I am wondering if it has been blacklisted possibly because it was stolen??? The phone works. Bb Data doesn't.
    08-19-08 12:06 AM
    Anyone????

08-19-08 03:55 AM
    Do you have a data plan?

Have you asked them if it is listed as stolen?
    08-19-08 06:02 AM
    Yes I have a plan which is currently working fine on my 8300. Can contact seller cause he's overseas. However, the phone was new(I even generated the pin). An it was working on rogers.
    08-19-08 06:16 AM
    If the device is blacklisted I doubt it would have worked at all, must be a pin issue.
    08-19-08 06:34 AM
    If the device is blacklisted I doubt it would have worked at all, must be a pin issue.
    I highly doubt its a pin issue. I've called rogers and they released it 3 months ago. I called att as well (even though it was never connected with but branded by them) and they said the pin is not registered with them.

Would I have to put my rogers innactive sim to have the bb deregister the pin from them?
    08-19-08 06:44 AM
    Anyone else. I'm in a bind here. Have a 5 month old bb that is as useful as a sony ericson.

08-19-08 12:42 PM
    you could call and try to have the PIN released
    08-19-08 12:47 PM
    I don't understand why you are thinking it would be blacklisted. You said the phone was new when you purchased it and you activated the pin for the first time and used it for 3 months , right. So it could not be blacklisted unless you yourself called and reported it stolen OR if you have an unpaid balance with Rogers.

Something just doesn't add up here..............your positive the data plan is in place for your 8310 and not just your 8300 and that you are in a location with adequate data coverage?

08-19-08 01:04 PM
    I agree with GrandMasterB. This really sounds like a carrier/coverage issue.
    08-19-08 01:46 PM
    Its been a long, long story. I only have one bb plan and it is active on my 8300. I simply switch sims to my 8310 to test it and it doesn't work, which it should.

Coverage is fine cause it always works on my 8300. Data plan is GPRS with an unlimited plan.

8310 history:

New att bb registered with rogers. Canceled and moved overseas. Would not work. Called rogers to remove pin. Somehow bb was activated on rogers bes (maybe I did it by accident when registering my rogers email). Rogers said it was not. Upgraded bb. Removed it policy anyways. Bb is as new as when it came out of the box. Still not working.

Driving me insane. This is why I thought it might be blacklisted on bis??? The hardware is functional and not broken. I'm missing something but don't know what it is.

If an expert/knowledgeable person/anyone is willing to work with me on this I would greatly appreciate it.

08-19-08 02:18 PM
    No it should not work. You can't switch your sim card between phone and expect the data to work. The pin on your 8300 is active on the BIS account that you pay for. The pin on the 8310 is NOT. Simple as that. If you want the 8310 to work with your BIS then you have to log into BIS and switch the pin from the 8300 to the 8310 each time you switch your sim card.

I can't see a way around that unless you are willing to pay for data services for both the 8300 and the 8310.

Correct me if I'm wrong here..............

08-19-08 02:32 PM
    Wow. What was I thinking? Thanks for the info. I tried it and it gave me the following message;
    The device PIN you provided is currently suspended or deactivated. Please check your information and try again.

Please try again.

What does this mean? I'm sol aren't I?

08-19-08 02:43 PM
    That just means that the PIN from you 8310 is no longer active.

You should be able to log into BIS and switch to the pin you want active BUT you will have to do this everytime you want to switch your sim and have the data services switch as well to the other phone. Does that make sense?

08-19-08 02:48 PM
    Perfect sense. I should have picked up on this on my own. Don't know what I was thinking.

Can I do this from my bb or do I have to go to a pc? Last question, promise!

You have been a great help

08-19-08 02:54 PM
    I know you can do it from the PC by logging into BIS because I am doing it right now just to make sure I am on que.

I am not sure about doing it on the BlackBerry. I think probably not , but I will try a few things and get back to you..........

08-19-08 02:59 PM
    Thanks a lot. I'm trying as well

08-19-08 03:05 PM
    YES , you can do it from your BB . from home screen select "email settings" at which point you should be prompted to log into BIS . If not prompted to log into BIS then you need to select "create username" follow the instructions. Otherwise log into BIS and select "change device" from there you will need to enter the PIN and ESN of the the device you wish to have associated with your BIS account.

Hope that does it for you.
    08-19-08 03:06 PM
    Hi. I tried that and I got the same message. I also tried it from a third bb pearl I have with a second bis account and it gave me the same error. Can't win I guess. Maybe my provider requires me to do it from a computer?

08-19-08 03:14 PM
    rogers doesnt blacklist imei's at all so it has to be related to the pin
    08-19-08 03:18 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD