OK so I was wondering, since after a ridiculous amount of Googling and finding nothing that helps me, IF somehow, I can connect to the internet on my iPod Touch (which uses wifi) through my BB phone? I went into Options>Advanced Options>TCP and Host Routing Table thinking those might help somehow, since iPod Touches succeed connecting through routers... Then, the Touch asks to enter the connection "name", "security", and "password", where on the TCP page, it has a username, password, but doubt this is what it's asking for?

IDK. I'm going crazy lol. Help!

Thanks a lot
    04-30-09 01:42 AM
    ok u want to connect the blackberry to the internet through your ipod touch wi-fi card?
    04-30-09 01:53 AM
    I dunno, I read the OP's post and think they want to use the BB as a wireless modem for the iPod Touch to surf the internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 02:26 AM
    Can't be done unfortunately.
    04-30-09 06:16 AM
    If the Touch had Bluetooth, you'd probably be able to do it. You can do it through a regular PC with a WiFi card and using internet connection sharing... my son does all the time.
    04-30-09 06:55 AM
    when she talks about the touch asking for a username, security, and password it seems like she is trying to connect the touch to wi-fi. I do think she wants to bridge the two together tho, i doubt it will work
    04-30-09 01:21 PM
    Yeah, the Touch get's its internet connection via WiFi. The BlackBerry doesn't output WiFi. No connection possible there.
    04-30-09 05:55 PM
    i wonder why she wants to tether it that way
    04-30-09 06:44 PM
    Why not just use the Safari wifi connection on the ipod touch? Or are you trying to surf the web using the blackberry connection but the ipod touch as the keyboard/screen?
    04-30-09 06:48 PM
    Personally, I would love to be able to tether my Touch to my BlackBerry at times (not that I think it will happen, though).

The Touch has a bigger screen so using it to, for example, follow sporting events on ESPN, or watching YouTube or viewing Google Maps is easier sometimes. Or if I want to purchase Apps or Songs on the device when I'm not at a WiFi location.
    04-30-09 07:19 PM
    ok so she wants to connect to her berry when out of wifi range. i just now got that. ME=slow
    04-30-09 07:30 PM
    Why not just use the Safari wifi connection on the ipod touch? Or are you trying to surf the web using the blackberry connection but the ipod touch as the keyboard/screen?
    WOW, didn't realize this was such a difficult concept to grasp. What they are asking is whether or not they can connect their ipod touch to the internet connection that their blackberry uses. Get it? As in, their ipod touch does not have an internet connection by default correct? Her Blackberry DOES have an internet connection correct? Thus, she wants to know if she can connect said ipod touch to said Blackberry and connect to the internet on the ipod via the blackberry internet connection. That would be effing cool as **** if you could but I don't believe the Blackberry has the capability to put out a wifi internet signal or whatever but correct me if I'm wrong because I'd do it for sure.
    09-06-09 05:02 AM
    I am in the same situation, want to connect through my BB when no WiFI is available
    10-14-09 03:16 PM
    The second gen. ipod touch does have bluetooth, but the device has to be upgraded to the 3.0 OS for it to become available. Now, does it have the right bluetooth profile to make the connection? That I don't know.
    10-14-09 03:29 PM
    This would be a stretch, what if you had your blackberry set up to tether and found a mini-usb/iTouch cord.. i wonder if that could be manipulated.....
    10-14-09 03:47 PM
    There's no way to connect them currently and get internet access on the iPod Touch.

The Touch get's its internet connection via WiFi. The BlackBerry doesn't output WiFi. No connection possible there. The Touch doesn't get it's internet connection via Bluetooth or via the cable, currently.
    10-14-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD