Does anyone know if I can disable the message asking to allow "XXX" to "open local content"? not only is it really annoying, but I installed myalarm and when it goes off, nothing sounds until I confirm it's okay for it to "open local content" (the alarm tone) kind of defeats the purpose if I have to set a regular alarm clock to wake me up at 5.59 so I can give the Blackberry permission to sound it's alarm at 6.00
    03-12-09 06:24 PM
    You may wanna edit the application permissions, options, advanced, applications, scroll to your alarm, menu key, then make sure all are ALLOW.. this may or may not help...
    03-12-09 06:25 PM
    Thanks rachel, you're very quick around here :P that was the only thing I could think of too, but it didn't work
    03-12-09 06:29 PM
    Try this
    options>security>firewall>enable - your other apps might annoy the h3ll out of you though so......
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-12-09 at 06:36 PM.
    03-12-09 06:33 PM
    excellent, well that worked, so why's that? everything going to ask for permissions I assume?
    03-12-09 06:37 PM
    Your other apps might ask for permissions now is all it will depend on the app.......
    03-12-09 06:40 PM
    Yeah just tried a few things and they asked, thanks for the solution; I'll test it for a few days until I inevitably end up throwing it against a brick wall (and I thought Vista was bad for permission alerts!)
    03-12-09 06:45 PM
    Aye no problem, seems like a silly work-a-round but it will work until you get tired of the apps asking for permissions and do the brick wall thing. At least now its a simple setting if you decide to ditch myalarm.... Vista is LOL, that silly UAC.....
    03-12-09 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD