i got my blackberry about 2 months ago and it has always seemed to work fine but a little while back i noticed how loud the vibrate is. as much as i hate to admit it i do text in class and this has kept me from being able to do this. the vibrate sounds like somethig is bouncing and when i hold it tightly the noise goes away is there anyway i ca fix this? thanks in advance.

-sawlover6065
    02-06-09 08:00 PM
    My only idea would be that the lens is a bit separated from the front housing. Is the lens flush with the rest of the phone?
    02-06-09 09:54 PM
    im not sure whay your saying is there a diagram or a way that i can tell easier or some instructions?
    02-06-09 11:10 PM
    Almost anything could be a little loose causing the vibration to sound louder. The lens Dylan is referring to is the "screen" on the BB, which is actually just a plastic "lens" which is over the actual lcd screen to protect it.

The battery cover could also be a little loose and vibrating.
    02-06-09 11:15 PM
    how would i get the cover off of my screen
    02-06-09 11:19 PM
    He was just saying it could be loose, not saying you should remove it. Just visually inspect it to see if it has any gaps between the lens and the housing. Press down on the lens edges and see if it moves or flexes as well.
    02-06-09 11:21 PM
    when i pushed it down i felt it on the battery cover is there a way to tighten that? would taping it down work?
    02-06-09 11:22 PM
    Try removing it and reinstalling it. Sometimes it isn't seated properly.
    02-06-09 11:28 PM
    would taping it down work?
    I'd put one of these on before taping it:

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-skin-case/4A54A2473.htm

They're even cheaper on eBay, and a silicone skin would dampen any vibrations in the case/battery door.
    02-06-09 11:31 PM
    Try removing it and reinstalling it. Sometimes it isn't seated properly.
    i did this while pushing it harder instead of simply sliding it in and it worked thanks.
    02-06-09 11:33 PM
    Another option would be to turn the notification off for texts on whatever profile you use and just use the flashing red led to alert you that you have a new message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 06:28 AM
    my phone rattles a bit and its due to my trackball having a little bit of play in it. Not really a loud noise but when you listen carefully you can pick up something. I wonder if your problem is not your housing but your vibrator instead and if you can just buy the vibrator off ebay or something

02-07-09 09:19 AM
    hmm wel i thought it was fixed but it only lasts for a few minutes and i cant put it back in every few minutes im not sure whats wrong.
    02-07-09 01:28 PM
    hmm wel i thought it was fixed but it only lasts for a few minutes and i cant put it back in every few minutes im not sure whats wrong.
    Just do what aerophage suggested above, change your text alert setting in your Profiles so that the vibrate doesn't come on. You can always change it back to vibrate when you are not in class.
    02-07-09 01:42 PM
    But a vibrator?? I thought this was a family-friendly forum?

02-07-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD