I recently switch to gmail and when I read emails on my berry, they are still marked as unread when I check my email from the server. I am pretty sure I have all the options set correctly (I have POP and IMAP enabled) and this never happened with aol mail. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this??

I appreciate your help.

Chris
    03-13-09 05:25 PM
    I don't know of a way to mark them as read on the google server by reading them on a device.

Buuttt...when you delete one off the device does that work to delete it off the google mail server??
    03-13-09 05:28 PM
    yes it works if i delete because on my blackberry, I tell it to delete both on phone and mailbox.

I don't see y gmail wouldnt sync with the berry. Isn't that the whole point of reading email on your blackberry?

My aol mail never had this problem. Does anyone else with verizon and gmail have this problem??
    03-13-09 05:55 PM
    I've always had that issue, if I read on the device, my google mail doesn't "know" that I read it already. However, I don't have experience with the GMail app, maybe that does it. I've always just used Push/BIS.
    03-13-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD