Well my 8320 that I've had for about a year was stolen today and now I'm running a nokia brick phone My only problem at this time is I lost all my contacts that I had when I had the phone and I was wondering if there was a temp folder when I last updated my phone that might have the information stored somewhere. If someone knows that'd be great thanks.
    07-16-09 10:40 PM
    Search your pc for backup or loader backup. Or simply search for .ipd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:56 PM
    Try looking on your tmobile account online if you have one.. I know my Verizon account online has all my contacts in like a backup folder.. Just in case.. Only other thing you can do is check old invoices with all the numbers and try to get them that way.. Good Luck
    07-17-09 05:44 AM
    I went through t-mobiles sight and didn't get much from that. I'll keep trying stuff.
    07-17-09 09:41 AM
    Tmo doesnt do this automatically for us...which sucks. Have you searched your pc for ".ipd"?
    07-17-09 10:01 AM
    not yet my windows search feature is failing me big time so I'm working on that.
    07-17-09 10:42 AM
    this is a huge reason i use google sync so all my contacts are synced online. sorry its been stolen. i wonder if anyone's had luck using google latitude in finding the stolen phone.
    07-17-09 10:47 AM
    this is a huge reason i use google sync so all my contacts are synced online. sorry its been stolen. i wonder if anyone's had luck using google latitude in finding the stolen phone.
    Absolutely, google sync is great. I also do weekly backups to be sure I have everything.
    07-17-09 10:57 AM
    Well my 8320 that I've had for about a year was stolen today and now I'm running a nokia brick phone My only problem at this time is I lost all my contacts that I had when I had the phone and I was wondering if there was a temp folder when I last updated my phone that might have the information stored somewhere. If someone knows that'd be great thanks.
    Stolen? Like grabbed out of your hand?
    Or you left it somewhere?
    07-17-09 10:57 AM
    Never had a phone stolen.. Amazing lol.. Had an few ex's who didnt want to return the phones though.. had to get it replaced through insurance..
    07-17-09 11:20 AM
    Ok to answer peoples questions. The story goes like this. I went into the store with my girlfriend to pick up some food to go out to the lake with. So I have no pockets and I put my phone in the basket. We go get what we need and I pull my wallet from the basket but leave my phone. Well I get out to the car and I ask where my phone is.

My girlfriend calls my phone and we hear nothing. So I walk back inside and go ask if they have seen my phone. Nothing to be found after a few calls from my girlfriends phone we get sent straight to voicemail. So someone turned my phone off. I get the nerve up to ask the clerk who helped me if she took it and to empty her pockets for me. She does admitting she didn't do anything but she is a big lady and its not too hard to plop one in one of her folds. So that's how it is in the end.

Also big update!!! When I updated my blackberry last time(3 months ago) I had backed up my files and found my backup.ipd. Then I found a beta IPD reader off the blackberry forums and now I'm transfering numbers to my cell phone as we speak. I am also considering using google sync! Thanks everyone who helped me find a way to get my numbers back.
    07-18-09 09:47 AM
    Sorry you lost your berry! At least you have your contacts. Did you have insurance? If so, report it as lost/stolen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 09:51 AM
    Glad you got your contacts back. So you think fatty pig fatty kept your phone or actually knows who took it? I dont get it...people steal these things but the owner reports it stolen so its useless to the thief....why even bother stealing it then.
    07-18-09 10:39 AM
    I didn't have insurance on it sadly I thought I put it on there but when I went there they said I didn't have it. Ohh well I just purchased me an iphone so hopefully I can keep this a little longer. I don't know who really took my phone I want to say the clerk but you never know. I think that people steal things and not think about it. Its a spur of the moment thing. Well whoever took it is in for a big surprise as the phone has been acting up alot lately(IE texting to letters with 1 button stroke)
    07-18-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD