my blackberry constantly shuts down when I try to do almost anything. For example download media, use maps, it even shut down while editing a contact yesterday.

What really sucks is that I went on to blackberry and tried to do a software update and it deleted almost everything on my phone including my contacts. Now I can't even reply to messages, it says messaging service not available.

I loved my phone up until it started this about a month a go. I have taken it in to us cellular's service dept. and they said they ran software on it, but that is all they could do and it did not help.

Any ideas before I chunk the blackberry and go with another manuf.

Thanks,
    Chris
    09-02-09 07:34 AM
    Before you update your OS you are always supposed to back up all your phones info.

How long have you had your blackberry?
    09-02-09 07:56 AM
    Do you have a memory card in your device? I have had issues in the past with memory cards.
    09-02-09 07:58 AM
    Try taking your memory card out and using the phone without it. It may be a card issue. If not, the only other thing I can think of is to wipe your phone with jl commander and then install the lastest os release from your carrier. Do you have the data plan? And if so, have you tried resending the service books?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD