I put the phone into Standby mode, then when I want to bring it back from that mode, nothing happens. The red LED light flashes (probably meaning I have e-mail, voicemail, etc.) but when I press a key, including the Mute key, nothing happens. If the phone rings, all I can do is look at it since I can't answer it. The only way I have been able to fix it thus far is to remove the battery and keep it out literally for hours at a time. If I take the battery out, wait 10 seconds, then put it back in as is recommended in numerous places on the forums, the trackball moves so my home screen icons illuminate, but when I press the trackball, nothing happens.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks

Warren
    08-31-09 06:10 PM
    only the mute key can bring it out of standby or removing it from the holster. but if they mute key doesnt respond either i think u may have a defective device. if you've toyed with your OS lately, i would re load it.
    08-31-09 06:12 PM
    That is very strange and not typical performance for any BlackBerry.

I would take it back to your carrier and demonstrate it, they should also acknowledge that is not correct and replace it for you.

Do a backup first, then, do a security wipe before you hand it over.
    08-31-09 06:14 PM
    if all else failed try a battery pull
    08-31-09 06:24 PM
    Thank you to everyone that responded. I took the phone to Sprint and explained the problem including pulling the battery in hopes that it would fix itself. The guy tried to convince me I didn't have enough power in my battery and that I needed to let it charge. I told him I charged it for 8 hours and have done numerous battery pulls, he still kept shaking his head saying it was the battery. I said I wanted to talk to his supervisor which got him to actually look at the phone start pushing buttons. Sure enough....it wasn't working just like I said. A replacement phone is supposed to be in tomorrow.
    09-02-09 10:52 AM
    Thank you to everyone that responded. I took the phone to Sprint and explained the problem including pulling the battery in hopes that it would fix itself. The guy tried to convince me I didn't have enough power in my battery and that I needed to let it charge. I told him I charged it for 8 hours and have done numerous battery pulls, he still kept shaking his head saying it was the battery. I said I wanted to talk to his supervisor which got him to actually look at the phone start pushing buttons. Sure enough....it wasn't working just like I said. A replacement phone is supposed to be in tomorrow.
    Glad you didn't give in and are getting a new phone!
    09-02-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD