Hey all,

My old Blackberry Curve 8310's buttons completely stopped working a few weeks ago during a study abroad program. My dad just got the new Torch so he is giving me his old 8310 when I got back and now I'm trying to restore my profile onto it.

So here's the problem, when my BB died I couldnt use my PC to extract the files from it because connecting it initiated a USB mass storage prompt that I couldn't answer since my keyboard was unresponsive. In order to get around that my buddy used his macbook to make the backup file since on a mac you can answer the prompt from the computer rather than from the handheld itself. So now I have a .bbb backup file and a .abbu file and my contacts on a vcard (which doesn't seem to be working properly).

Does anyone know of a way I could convert from the apple file types to the equivalent .ipa or other window types? worst case scenario I have an old .ipa that I can use but it's lacking a lot of contacts. I haven't been able to figure out how to get my vcard file to work though, I've tried thunderbird, ouotlook, and windows live messenger and none of the programs seem to know how to open the file.

thanks for the help
    08-16-10 02:13 PM
    Just a thought, what happens if you take the media card out of the 8310, then connect it to the PC? In theory, the BB won't prompt you for Mass Storage Mode, because there is no Media Card in it.
    08-16-10 03:11 PM
    Unfortunately I didn't think that the backup files would be incompatible after we extracted them on my friend's mac, so after the backups we wiped the blackberry to make sure the keyboard problem wasn't some software issue.

I managed to add the vCard to Windows 7 contacts and then upload that into the blackberry, it isn't a perfect fix but I suppose it could be worse!
    08-16-10 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD