My bb will suddenly drop calls and go to a blackscreen with the red led light on then goes to the white screen with the hour glass, after that it loads back up as if i did a battery pull. Ive tried a master restart, sim pull, battery pull, my phone has 19mb memory and i called tmobile pda and smartphone help and they never heard of a problem like this. Please help
    07-01-08 11:46 AM
    Which OS version are you running? I had just the fault you describe on 4.5.0.46. I am now back on 4.2.2.194

If you have a Media Card then pull it out for a day or so just to eliminate that from the equation.
    07-01-08 11:53 AM
    Have you loaded or changed any applications recently? Which OS are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 11:54 AM
    Im running 4.2.2.184 and im going to try the media card pull
    07-01-08 12:10 PM
    Good battery, plenty of memory and a certified OS.

I would call it a hardware fault and have it replaced.
    07-01-08 12:36 PM
    How do you have it replaced
    07-01-08 12:38 PM
    How do you have it replaced
    Take it back to the store you bought from, if its a eBay purchase then you may be SOL.

07-01-08 03:19 PM
    Yeah i purchased it from ebay but it was still new and had all plastices on it, And also i dont know if this matters i got a warrenty booklet i dont know if thats useless
    07-01-08 04:59 PM
    Alright ive had the media card out for a day and problem still ocurred worse then before it would restart without me even being on the phone, I put the memory card back in. Anymore information helping my issue?
    07-02-08 02:47 PM
    Take it back to the store you bought from, if its a eBay purchase then you may be SOL.

Unfortunately, Crack is right. If you bought this phone off eBay, which you stated you indeed did, you are out of luck. Unless, of course, you happened to have found the one seller in all of eBay history which will let you return a used AND defective device for a full refund.

Sorry for the bad news but... Ugh. Sounds like it's definitely a defective device.
    07-02-08 02:50 PM
    Well i just got off the phone with tmobile and i guess i bought the phone with a warrenty from the guy on ebay and it was not used it was brand new never opened, so anyways i will get my brand new bb in 3 days No more defective bb for me
    07-02-08 03:30 PM
    Well i just got off the phone with tmobile and i guess i bought the phone with a warrenty from the guy on ebay and it was not used it was brand new never opened, so anyways i will get my brand new bb in 3 days No more defective bb for me

That's a good thing. It's funny how often this exact problem crops up on the various forums but RIM seems to have never heard of it

I have an 8330 that was doing the same thing. I had it replaced twice before I got one that seems to be working right. I have a theory that it's a battery problem.
    07-03-08 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD