I need help..........I have a Blackberry Curve and have set up my personal email account without problems. My work uses Novell Groupwise 7.0 and they have a Blackberry Enterprise server but I'm not allowed to connect to that. I am trying to get my email from work to forward to my personal email account so I can get it when out of the office. No luck. It keeps coming back saying it can't validate the email account. Is there someway to forward without having access to the enterprise server which they won't give.
    08-05-08 02:40 PM
    Set up a rule in groupwise to forward your work emai to your personal account. Make sure you leave a copy on the work server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 04:49 PM
    I also would check your policy on this. I had a call from an IT person the other day asking how people were doing this. It was a violation of company security. WOuld hate to have this work and lose a job over it.
    08-05-08 04:59 PM
    Same set up at my job. I did all of the information as stated above to forward all e-mail. Definitely, check with your IT / LAN Manager to make sure there are no issues later. I did and no problems. Good Luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 05:45 PM
    Same here. I forward it to my gmail account that I used my real first and last name as the user name to be "professional". My IT guy said "be careful" about forwarding messages, as Google is not secure. But he didn't say I couldn't do it.

I only turn that rule on if I'm going to be out of the office on a work day. Then turn it off via the internet SMTP site when I'm at home.
    08-05-08 06:02 PM
    If I may add a few cents worth on this being an IT Admin and having users want this all the time.

Being that we are an exchange shop we have an easier time about setting this up in BIS but when it comes to Policies like SOX and HIPAA then these muddle things up.

HIPAA and PHI does not allow you to forward emails from your enterprise server to your personal email for privacy and security issues. This is a huge fine and possible jail time if information is leaked. SOX violations can cause your company fines as well and also have them removed from stock trading.

So I would check in detail with your IT Admin and possibly someone that is in charge of security audits.
    08-05-08 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD