Hello all new to the forum. I am an IT support person and install alot of blackberrys but this is the first time i have com across this issue.

I installed BDM 4.2 and then plugged the blackberry into the computer and the found new hardware wizard came up instead of normally installing the blackberry device on its own.

I was unable to locate the drivers that it wanted. Now the desktop manager will not reconize the blackberry so I can sync it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    06-24-08 02:36 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I suspect the problem is no or failed USB drivers.

Windows XP predated the BlackBerry devices, Windows Vista offers native BlackBerry support.

They are supplied on the install CD or you can download them from BlackBerry support.
    06-24-08 02:46 PM
    thanks for the response. what is strange it that another tech plugged in another blackberry and it loaded fine. she replaced the blackberry with another one and we got the same issue.
    06-24-08 03:28 PM
    i would also suggest failed usb drivers try running a test on them or the drivers for the usb, or possibly you also need to install the device manager for your specific phone.
    06-24-08 03:29 PM
    are you saying that the failed usb drivers are on the phone. If we plug another blackberry in it loads fine as well as other usb devices.
    06-25-08 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD