I have an 8320 and I'm trying to move photos to the computer. I used to be able to do this by plugging the phone into the computer, which recognized the Blackberry as an external hard drive. That no longer happens, even though mass storage is on. Blackberry told me that we must use the Desktop Manager now to do all this. Last night I reinstalled the version with Media Manager because the previous verious has Media Manager grayed out. The new version is doing the same thing. I'd rather not have to send photos one by one via email, plus this is an old phone, we've already reconfigured the new phone.

Anyone know what is wrong?

Is there anyway to bypass Desktop Manager so the phone is recognized as an external hard drive, like I used to be able to do? So easy.

If not, if we really must used DM to transfer files now, does anyone know why the Media Manager portion is grayed out?

I've had a similar issues getting photos off the phone with my 8900.
    04-26-09 09:12 AM
    Do you have an SD card in your phone? I have one in my 8320 and I don't use DM, my pc regognizes the SD that in my phone as an external hard drive, not the phone it self. If you don't have a memory card then you do have to use DM to get media off your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD