Please don't tell me to set it to enable mass storage use. I've done that.
    Restarted both the phone, then the computer; then the computer and the phone. When I go to My Computer, an f: drive shows up (removable disk) but when I click on it, I get a popup that says, "Please insert a disk into removable disk (f: )". My only option on the popup is "cancel".

Thoughts? I haven't synced my phone up to the computer for awhile (I needed to for Slacker and my cached stations). I did clear my internet cache this morning...shouldn't be a problem? Phone is working otherwise, no signal weirdness. Facebook, emails, everything is coming through. I don't have any music on my media card, just photos and ringtones. Maybe a few videos. Just non-syncable with my laptop right now.

I looked for this message on the forums but I'm not finding it. I will Google and check back here.
    07-02-09 09:36 PM
    Problem
    The BlackBerry device is not being detected by a Microsoft Windows-based PC.

Cause
    The Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option has been enabled in the BlackBerry device's Power Management tab in BlackBerry Device Manager.

Resolution
    To resolve this issue, do the following:

For Microsoft Windows versions 2000/XP

1.)On the Desktop, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
    2.)Click the Hardware tab, then click Device Manager.
    3.)Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    4.)Right-click the USB Root Hub and select Properties.
    5.)Click the Power Management tab, and then remove the check from the
    "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" check box.
    6.)Click OK.

Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each USB Root Hub listed in the Device Manager.

For Microsoft Windows Vista

1.)Click Start, and type device manager in the Start Search box.
    2.)Click Device Manager in the Programs list.
    3.)If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
    4.)In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    5.)Right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    6.)In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab.
    7.)Remove the check from the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.

Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each USB Root Hub listed in the Device Manager.
    07-02-09 09:47 PM
    Doesn't say to, but I'd almost add in a final step of rebooting the laptop after the changes, then try to hook back up after a restart.
    07-02-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD