I have a few friends who have blackberrys with different wireless providers Does anyone know why some of them i cannot add to my bbm contacts? it goes into pending and does not send a confirmation or anything. help?!?!
    09-05-08 01:11 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB, check out the following link for more info:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...oes-work-5877/
    09-05-08 01:28 AM
    If they don't have a data plan, they cannot use bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 06:09 AM
    If they don't have a data plan, they cannot use bbm.

I agree, I just tried it with my girlfriend and it didn't work. So I got her the data plan and now it works like a dream )

09-05-08 06:15 AM
    Sheck out the data plan!

09-05-08 06:22 AM
    Yup the data plan is what you need. You can still pin message them I think, but that's not quite the same as good ol' BBM!

09-05-08 09:31 AM
    Why can't i add contacts to my bb messenger? i do have a data plan and so are my friends but i can't add anyone any1 has a solution on this?
    09-05-08 11:46 PM
    eyejae what OS are you on? options > about Line 3
    09-05-08 11:55 PM
    What exactly is an OS and how do i know if what OS am i on? I'm sorry i really am new to bb.. hope u can help me with this.. and everytime i try to add a contact to my bbm theres only 1 option in the "use once" thing, it only has the email option instead of havig both email and pin option.. any1 has a solution to this?? Thanks!
    09-06-08 08:01 AM
    OS = Operating System

And amazing told you how to see it.

From your Home Screen on your Blackberry go to Options (it looks like a wrench), press the trackball, then scroll to the top to About, press the trackball, look at line 3. It will read v4.3.0.124 or something similar.

Type the numbers here in your post.
    09-06-08 08:17 AM
    oh! heres my OS v4.22.170.. what should i do now?
    09-06-08 08:20 AM
    no help from me as I am new as well. Well a few months old but still learning. Anyway, I had this same problem with my friend Im in Canada and she is in Kansas we never figured out what was going on lol!! but with all the answers here I think if I would have ask here we couldve known. lol!!

Welcome to CB!
    09-06-08 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD