Hi!

I have had a Curve for a few weeks now & I was wondering something...

where is the blackberry maps function/ can I get it on my 8310 from at&t?

plz help I really want it
    04-04-08 06:03 PM
    Hi

I think it is available for all devices with OS 4.1 and above. Go to mobile.blackberry.com from your BB and it should be listed there if it is available for your device.
    04-04-08 06:11 PM
    ATT disables BB maps b/c they want you to use Telenav. You must do some editing to the BB OS via your PC in order to use BB maps on ATT. Check out this link. It will give you step by step instructions which I used and now have BB maps and a lot more free memory.Optimize your BB by John Clark
    04-04-08 06:16 PM
    Thanks for coming in with that advice jbonnot. I wasn't aware that AT & T did that.
    04-04-08 06:24 PM
    Just use Google Maps. Works well for me. I haven't messed around with Blackberry Maps or TeleNav.
    04-04-08 06:26 PM
    I prefer Google maps, but I did download BB maps to try it. Don't pay any attention to the note on blackberry.com.... BB maps dowloaded for me without making any changes and they worked, I just liked Google Maps and Nav4All better.
    04-04-08 06:35 PM
    Hi!

I have had a Curve for a few weeks now & I was wondering something...

where is the blackberry maps function/ can I get it on my 8310 from at&t?

plz help I really want it
    I you re install the OS you can put them on your att bb. Also you can get rid of a buch of stuff that you don't need like the pre loaded backgrounds and a buch of other stuff
    04-04-08 06:42 PM
    If you want to install it search this forum for LOST THREAD there is a guy named John Clark who has a link to Blackberry forums use that it is very easy .
    04-04-08 07:30 PM
    I prefer Google maps, but I did download BB maps to try it. Don't pay any attention to the note on blackberry.com.... BB maps dowloaded for me without making any changes and they worked, I just liked Google Maps and Nav4All better.
    same here!
    google maps is awesome, but some of the satellite pics are old
    but they are updating it all the time
    04-04-08 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD