So I am having a crazy weird problem...

My keys have stopped working. Yet I can use the trackball to highlight the differeent applications and icons. The mute/standby doesnt work either. The only way to turn the phone off is to pull the battery out. I started having problems a few days ago when the 1 key seemed to be stuck, its rather stiff and i have to push hard to get it to activate.

Has anyone heard of this problem? I feel like I need to take the cover off and clean the keys out, but I'm not sure how.

Does anyone have any suggestions or perhaps a link to a resource that would show me how to remove the cover ? I did a search through these forums but I was unable to find anything.

Also, I have the 8310 Curve, but I bought it from my friend. Would I still be able to use the 1 year warranty? I'm not sure exactly when he bought it, but we both have at&T and its not unlocked. He moved back home and I've been having a hard time trying to reach him.

Thanks in advance!
    -Bryan
    05-23-08 08:19 AM
    if you wanna see how to take your curve apart go to youtube there are some videos there that can show you how to take it apart, but be fore warned it may void your warranty when you open it up
    05-23-08 08:33 AM
    Start with this link from cnn.cn This site provides many videos of how to take apart your blackberry.

BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM full keyboard set- Panasonic, SonyEricsson, Samsung, Sony, Accessories Store, 3G, BlackBerry, BenQ-
    05-23-08 08:38 AM
    Great!

Thank you very much. I'll give At&T a call before I open it to check for its warranty.

Is there also a warranty through the manufacturer?
    05-23-08 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD