Hi guys wondering if anyone can help out.
    I ordered black housing for my curve, as my existing original housing took a beating.
    I took apart my blackberry and fitted the new housing ok, but when i went place the screws back in at the top of the blackberry on the back, they just kept turning..... I then realised that on the front of the face, theres no ports for the screw to go into and hold (on my original case the ports are a gold colour).... Question is, is there anything i can do, or will i have to just send this back?
    10-29-08 05:40 AM
    "ruuttt roooowww" as Scooby would say, yea bro i dont know what to tell you. sounds like you got a case that isnt an exact fit to your BB. thats kinda what has stopped me from ordering a black housing for my 8320. i absolutly refuse to get one in my hands and take my phone (which is like my other child) apart just to kind out that something about it doesnt fit right. where did you order it from and how much did it cost? i have my eye on that gold setup from cnn.cn/shop/ for around 43 bones.
    Last edited by blarose; 10-29-08 at 06:49 AM. Reason: found the w.s. proper name.
    10-29-08 06:46 AM
    IMO, cnn.cn is one of the better places to order housing.

I ordered one set from ebay from a seller in hongkong, I forget the name of the place, but it was shoddy, they even didnt have the lil LED cover on the face plate, and forgot a couple things from my order, upon inquiring about the LED cover, they said the housings do not come with it, and to *pop one off another face plate* ummm no.

So, from then on, all my BB parts etc come from cnn.cn

Couldnt be happier with thier services/products.
    10-29-08 06:53 AM
    What about truesupplier.com...are they a reputable site to order from?

I've used cnn.cn before and received everything I ordered and it went together perfectly. I know for the curve they sell the Emerald black faceplate if you wanted to get a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 07:25 AM
    Maybe ive missed the emeral black, Ive seen it, but I had issues finding the battery cover for the black, is that there also? I was just browsing one day and noticed that.
    10-29-08 07:26 AM
    I would send it back-I'm not drilling holes into anything.

10-29-08 07:53 AM
    I actually came across this same exact problem last night... bought my housing from this site: mobile . brando . com . hk (im not allowed to post links yet... )

The housing didn't have the... "nut" (?)... for the screws to screw into. I ended up just hacking apart the old housing and attempting to remove those ones... (which didn't work too well). I ended up breaking one of the screws, so the top of my phone is only being held together by the plastic clip inside, and only one of the screws is hardly in there...

But it still looks good and I love my YELLOW housing and Curve that I just got yesterday!
    10-29-08 08:54 PM
    Oh, and rachel, the LED cover didn't come with mine either. But its REALLY easy to pull out. The only problem i had with it was dropping it on the floor and trying to find it!
    10-29-08 08:57 PM
    cnn.cn is where i bought my housing and i was very satisfied

10-29-08 08:57 PM
    I got mine from cnn.cn also. I just followed the video instructions I found on youtube and had no problems.
    10-29-08 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD