I need to know where i need to go and what I need to do to be able to transfer ring tones from the computer to the blackberry using the USB Cable and I would like to be able to select the part of the song I want.
    03-18-09 03:48 PM
    If you have a media card installed just go to options>media card>mass storage mode support = ON. Once you have done that its as simple as plugging in the device (via the USB cord) and dragging and dropping what you wish to and from the BB/PC. Treat it like you would any other flash/removable drive. Browse "my computer" and look for blackberry listed as one of the drives (where you see C:, D:, E: etc)
    03-18-09 03:51 PM
    Copy files to /Blackberry/Ringtones folder.

You can't select the part of the song used as a ringtone unless you modify it first. Audacity is good at trimming out unwanted portions of your mp3s.
    03-18-09 03:55 PM
    Many use myxer.com to make their own ringtones. Probably easier to use than Audacity.
    03-18-09 04:02 PM
    Cant use that anymore we are turning off internet access this is why i need to learn how to do it and i dont know where to start. Plus the phn into the computer then what thats the step i am at
    03-18-09 04:06 PM
    perfect i will try that! just like any other flash driver. Sounds helpful
    03-18-09 04:07 PM
    ok i plug my phone into the computer and into the usb and then i go to my computer when i plug it in removeable disk (e is what shows up when i click on it, it says please insert a disk into drive E;
    03-18-09 04:09 PM
    i also looked it up on my task manager and it says its a mass storage device it doesnt say its a BB. HELP! AH
    03-18-09 04:15 PM
    You have to have a media card in your BB for this to work.
    03-18-09 05:12 PM
    i also looked it up on my task manager and it says its a mass storage device it doesnt say its a BB. HELP! AH
    Now that you have created a new thread, I responded in that thread.
    03-18-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD