I am experiencing 2 problems with blackberry and gmail.

1. Some associates of mine and I have a email group where about 5 of us have blackberries and others just use their pc's. We all use gmail accounts. As some of you familiar with Gmail may know, each new topic or subject has its on "thread" type of view with all of the reply emails below it much like on a forum. Sometimes when we hit "reply to all" on our blackberries it goes into the original thread like expected. Other times, it starts a brand new thread in gmail for the pc users, but on our blackberries it looks the same. This causes problems b/c we don't know which ones to reply to since they all look the same but the pc users are now replying to 2, sometimes 3 threads and it get jumbled up and confusing. Has anyone else had these problems? How do you stop this from happening?

2. When you send a message on gmail, is there anyway to stop the message from being delivered to your phone? Also, if you send to another blackberry user, is there anyway for you to not get the "delivered to:" message in gmail?

thanks
    06-09-08 11:41 AM
    when you check your g-mail, are you using (M) icon for google mail, or are you using the other icon(i thnk its a globe,depends on the theme)???

edit: not sure about ques #2...
    06-09-08 11:55 AM
    2. When you send a message on gmail, is there anyway to stop the message from being delivered to your phone? Also, if you send to another blackberry user, is there anyway for you to not get the "delivered to:" message in gmail?
    To prevent the sent mail copies from coming to your phone, add a filter in your BIS or BES email account settings for gmail that doesn't forward email from your own gmail address to your phone. That's a very common filter to add for gmail, a quick search will turn up a bunch of threads, and also better instructions with pictures, etc.

Hope that helps,

Wes
    06-09-08 12:01 PM
    when you check your g-mail, are you using (M) icon for google mail, or are you using the other icon(i thnk its a globe,depends on the theme)???

edit: not sure about ques #2...
    The theme I have has an envelope for my business mail, sms, and mms and then an envelope with a globe on it for my personal mail. I use the envelope with the globe on it.
    06-09-08 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD