ok so my blackberry freezes, as in the hourglass comes up and turns in the middle and i cant do anything for a good few minutes till its done. it will do this at random times. it does it very often to the point that its unusable. it will always do it whenever i get calls and then i miss the call and it wont log who its from in my missed calls.

how can i fix this, note im using the 4.5 OS
    07-17-08 09:19 PM
    Go to options>status What's your file free say?
    07-17-08 09:25 PM
    bingo, zero bytes, how can i move some of my pics from the phone memory to the mini SD card i just got?
    07-17-08 09:27 PM
    I am experiencing the same thing and my file free is not at zero. So I just do the ole battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 09:30 PM
    Ok, this is a semi-serious problem. Needs to be fixed ASAP. Follow THIS tutorial. Make sure to preform a back up before doing this. Post back and let us know what the file free says after you're done.
    07-17-08 09:30 PM
    I am experiencing the same thing and my file free is not at zero. So I just do the ole battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

NO. This statement is not true. A battery pull will NOT help your situation. If your memory gets below roughly 12MB, there can be problems. Just follow the tutorial and you'll be ok.
    07-17-08 09:32 PM
    well it seemed to work and i got to about 7mb of free space, then i went back and checked the next morning, and bam back to 0. i and all that the phone was doign was sitting there... i went through and deleted a few more things, and got it to around 5mb free but now its back down to around 700kb free.

what am i supposed to do, could this be an issue with a memory leak?
    07-18-08 02:03 PM
    wow wait one second, i just deleted the help application and restarted and now i have 15mb free...
    07-18-08 02:05 PM
    Before adding any applications I had added alot of pics and music off my laptop right after I got my Curve. All of sudden once I unplugged from the laptop, my phone froze up... after a few minutes I did the old battery pull. Went back and deleted some larger files/pics. Same thing but it went a little longer before freezing? So I deleted a video I had added (really short vid from my digi cam) and that seems to have fixed it. No freezing up since. Kinda had me nervous though having to do the battery pull.
    07-18-08 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD