I really don't know what the heck is wrong with my bb, but it will usually die in about an hour from being fully charged and I think it has alot to do with the screen being constantly on. I lock the phone and the screen will turn off for a few minutes and then just come back on and stay on and won't go back out and this is why I think that it's dying so quickly. Any ideas?!
    05-26-09 10:25 PM
    Thats waaayyy too fast of a battery life for any thing on the phone to be effecting it. Your battery is shot. Go buy a new one and you should be set =]
    05-26-09 10:32 PM
    u need a new battery.
    05-26-09 10:32 PM
    Yeah you do, cause leaving the screen on wont literally kill your battery.
    05-26-09 10:35 PM
    well it really varies, I took it off the charger at about 1 this afternoon and it has just a little less that a 1/4 of battery power left. I havent havent been doing anything with it, just a few texts and thats it, no phone calls. I dont understand. And like right now, the screen is on, it wont turn off. How do you get it to turn off!
    05-26-09 11:05 PM
    You need new battery
    05-26-09 11:07 PM
    Got mine on EBAY cheap!! VPdealz
    05-26-09 11:08 PM
    I dont think its the batteries problem though....the screen never shuts off, if the screen dont shut off, its gonna keep draining power.
    05-27-09 01:51 AM
    Have you pulled the battery when the BB is on? This will hopefully reset the BB to get rid of the constant on problem with the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 02:13 AM
    I had the same kind of problem a few months ago. Verizon trouble shooted at the store and ordered me a new battery which I got free because the phone was still under warrantee. I also then deleted all my 3rd party apps and themes 1 by 1 to see if those were the problem. The new battery didn't fix the problem and it ended up being a hardware issue.

Verizon sent me a new curve and its been great ever since.

So I'd take it to the store. They'll replace the battery 1st to see if that fixes it.
    05-27-09 02:24 AM
    Might want to make, sure after using apps, to go into the menu screen and close the app. I had the same issue. I also didn't realize but if your in an area that doesn't have good reception your battery will drain trying to search for a connection. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 06:13 AM
    I had the same kind of problem a few months ago. Verizon trouble shooted at the store and ordered me a new battery which I got free because the phone was still under warrantee. I also then deleted all my 3rd party apps and themes 1 by 1 to see if those were the problem. The new battery didn't fix the problem and it ended up being a hardware issue.

Verizon sent me a new curve and its been great ever since.

So I'd take it to the store. They'll replace the battery 1st to see if that fixes it.
    Ok I'll be sure to take a look, or to see how long the battery lasts today. I'll be getting a new battery from them ASAP. Thanks for the info!
    05-27-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD