Hey all, my buddy has an 8330 that took a dump on him. For whatever reason he has lost all functionality in his keys. His BB powers up but NOT a single key works. I seem to remember having a diagnostic software that I could use on my PC to diag the BB when it was connected via USB. I can't however, seem to find it anywhere. Anyone having any info that could help me? Feel free to BBM me if its easier for you.
    09-18-09 04:45 PM
    Try to call from your phone to the carrier an ask for the services books, that happens to me last week with a friends phone y call the carrier send me the serives books an that make the keys work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 05:24 PM
    does the trackball work at all ?

Posted from my CrackalackenBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 06:46 PM
    the software you are looking for was never meant for public distrobution. you can try googling it but do not ask for it here. we arent allowed to discuss it since its considered "warez". besides, the software you are looking for is probably more advanced than you can handle.

theres a test menu in blackberrys. go into options > status. then type the letters TEST. you wont see anything being typed, but i will bring you to a device diagnostic testing screen. run all the tests to determine what the devices problems are.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 09-19-09 at 07:00 AM.
    09-19-09 06:57 AM
    the software you are looking for was never meant for public distrobution. you can try googling it but do not ask for it here. we arent allowed to discuss it since its considered "warez". besides, the software you are looking for is probably more advanced than you can handle.

theres a test menu in blackberrys. go into options > status. then type the letters TEST. you wont see anything being typed, but i will bring you to a device diagnostic testing screen. run all the tests to determine what the devices problems are.
    Wow!! I didn't know we could do that!!
    09-19-09 07:16 AM
    Wow!! I didn't know we could do that!!
    lol thats why im a genius. its something good to do when buying a used BB. and to the OP, usually OS updates and minor part replacements like a keyboard or trackball can fix some stubborn issues. what exactly is wrong with your friends blackberry?
    09-19-09 07:29 AM
    not to come off as rude or arrogant esp since I'm no where close to being an expert of the BB. But its kind of hard to type "TEST" when the keys of ones phone doesn't work, am I wrong?
    dropsy24 likes this.
    09-20-09 01:08 AM
    not to come off as rude or arrogant esp since I'm no where close to being an expert of the BB. But its kind of hard to type "TEST" when the keys of ones phone doesn't work, am I wrong?
    yea but either way, that wouldve been the only option he has. besides, a failure of the whole keyboard could be a software issue. considering the OP hasnt come back yet to reply, i cant really offer much more without feedback. in his case, i would try the following.

1. backup the phone
    2. reinstall the OS
    3. if nothing works, try warranty/insurance replacement
    09-20-09 02:32 AM
    yea but either way, that wouldve been the only option he has. besides, a failure of the whole keyboard could be a software issue. considering the OP hasnt come back yet to reply, i cant really offer much more without feedback. in his case, i would try the following.

1. backup the phone
    2. reinstall the OS
    3. if nothing works, try warranty/insurance replacement
    you get props from me for the TEST function.....+10 to dictoresno
    09-20-09 09:31 AM
    Never knew about that test function.

Pretty cool and a bit pointless for me as my curve is ok.

Probably a godsend for those with a dicky handset

Always a learning day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD