I have been syncing my 8330 from Vz with outlook for the last five or so months, but yesterday I had a problem � I kept get an �unknown error�. I deleted the desktop software and downloaded and installed the latest version (4.7) on my pc. Now every time I sync, I get a message �Checking for Device Application Updates: Please wait. After a minute or so, I get a quite a list of updates. Actually everything was working fine, so I really don�t feel the need to update anything, but what the heck, why not?

Just before I am about to update, I saw a warning that states that after updating, I must activate my device wirelessly to continue to send and receive BB services. So my questions are: 1. Do I really need to update? 2. If I do not, how do I stop getting the Checking for Device Application Updates message? 3. If I do update, how would I go about activating my device wirelessly?

Thank you for your kindness.
    01-26-09 06:24 AM
    DM 4.7 checks on line for the latest updates for your BB. Also, when you install DM there is in an option to automatically check for updates. This can be Your better off sticking with 4.6 or even 4.5. You don't need to update, and lower DM version will take care of the checking for updates. The "active your device wirelessly" may refer to the wireless update option. I have never had to do anything after updating as my services are always automatically setup.
    01-26-09 06:36 AM
    Thank you, I did delete 4.7 and downloaded 4.6. Everything works and the world is bright again.
    01-26-09 05:37 PM
    Activate wirelessly means after you do an OS upgrade on your device you will have to register it with your network again. Options/advanced options/host routing table then menu key and regster now. This send your service books to your phone so your email works again. I prefer 4.5 or 4.6 ( I have both) but I dont get the one with media manager.
    01-26-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD