Newbie needs help. Installed Desktop 4.3 and it will synch with all Outlook features but not messaging or emails. What am I doing wrong. The setup appears all greyed out.

Thanks in advance.

Craig
    04-21-08 06:18 PM
    Make sure you have SP1 installed for Outlook 2007
    04-21-08 09:21 PM
    Newbie needs help. Installed Desktop 4.3 and it will synch with all Outlook features but not messaging or emails. What am I doing wrong. The setup appears all greyed out....
    On the Blackberry, in Messaging/Options/Email Reconciliation, do you have a Wireless Reconcile setting? If you do, set it to "On." If you do not, then you need to resync service books. Follow the following steps.

1. Options/Advanced Options/Service Books
    2. Select the entry "Desktop [SYNC]"
    3. Push the Menu button
    4. Select Delete
    5. Answer "yes" to the "are you sure question?"
    6. Without turning off the blackberry, remove the battery
    7. Leave the battery out for 2 minutes or so
    8. Put the battery back in
    9. After the blackberry boots up, select Options/Advanced Options/Service Books
    10. Push the Menu button
    11. Select Undelete

The Wireless Sync option should now be present for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Messages, and Calendar. I walked thru these steps with my properly functioning 8830 before I published them. The first time I undeleted, the service book came back, but the Wireless Sync option did not come back. I repeated the entire process and the second time the Wireless Sync capability was restored. So if you do it and it doesn't work, repeat the entire process before giving up. BUT: only do these steps if you don't have a wireless reconciliation option on your bb.
    04-21-08 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD