My wife and I both had BB Curve's 8330... Back in April I switched over to a Droid and my BB was turned off and kept in the drawer. On Sunday, my wife dropped her Curve into water and killed it so I took my old Curve out and we swapped her service over to my old Curve.

We are having a problem with the batteries. When I stopped using my Curve it worked fine and never had any battery issues. Now, it doesn't seem to work properly. We charged the battery and it shows 100% but if she doesn't use the phone for a while (maybe ten minutes) it shuts off and the battery indicates it is dead. We have tried both my old battery that has been in storage and her battery that got wet and they both do the same thing. Can the phone itself have battery charging issues if it has been in storage?

Another odd thing is that last night we used Pandora and all kinds of apps to try and drain the battery as far as possible to do a full charge overnight... the phone worked fine for two hours... but we were using it the whole time. I got the battery down to 65% by using as many apps as I could and then we went to sleep to give it a full overnight charge. This morning it was 100% and my wife got ready for work. By the time she got into her car the phone was dead.

It doesn't make sense to me that the battery will die if not in use but if we are using it works fine. Someone please help. She is waiting for the Verizon version of the BB Torch and I don't want to waste her upgrade now on the new Curve or something else she doesn't want!

Jim
    09-07-10 08:33 AM
    Try using her battery with your phone. As simple as that may sound it has fixed that problem with many.

I had the issue myself once and I did the batter switch and had to let the phone sit on the charger for over 30 minutes before the phone would even turn on.

Try it, you have nothing to lose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 03:45 PM
    You need a brand new battery...batteries lose power if being stored in the device for a long period of time...go buy a new battery and give it a full charge and she should be just fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 05:32 AM
    Not the battery - we tried both of them. Also yesterday we got another Curve and this battery is working fine in that one. I actually cleaned the contacts on the phone and have had the battery that got wet in it since last night and it so far has not turned off. I still don't understand why it would randomly turn off, this doesn't make any sense. It seems as though the phone itself needed a few days to get the cobwebs out.
    09-08-10 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD