hi all. So yesterday i reloaded the OS on my 8310 curve to sell it to someone and the Wipe/reload went fine. A few hours later i went to go meet my friend and she tested it out and then tried to download blackberry messenger. Half way through the download it crashed and wouldnt turn back on. all the way home everytime i plugged it in or put the battery back in, the LED would flash 2 times or sometimes 3 or 4 or 5 times. When i got home i finally got the apploader to recognize it and half way through the OS reload it crashed again and the LED flashed twice. Now it just keeps doing that. I can get apploader to see the phone most times, but half way through the install it just crashes. This is all weird because i was using the phone for the past few months with nothing like this happening. i have tried all the techniques to get it working (how to get your nuked bb working, etc....)
    01-10-10 09:36 AM
    You are wiping the device first with jl cmdr or something right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 04:08 PM
    This has been happening to me too. Its really strange, I do not know what to do to turn it on. So I will plug it up for about 5 min then try and turn it on and it works.. This has been happening once a day, is there something that I need to do, like wipe the device again and reload the OS? Or does this mean my bb is crap now? Help, anyone. . .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 06:20 AM
    An OS reload is the place to start.
    01-11-10 07:34 AM
    Can somebody explain what is an OS reload or point me in the right direction of what I need. My problem right now is that my bb takes forever to do anything. Thinking that I was having battery issues, I would remove it and insert it back again. No help!! The set up takes forever and the "Verifying Security Software"part is endless when it used to be super fast. The phone does not ring, it just vibrates once and shows an "Unknown Caller message" on the missed calls section. The caller gets the ringing phone signal and is sent to voice mail. I get the ping noise of an instant message coming in but I cannot see the little icon (face) that shows that the message was received. The hourglassing is happening all the time. I checked the battery, charged it, removed it and put it back on and it is not the battery. A coworker let me borrow her battery and it did the same thing. My own battery allowed her to restart in a manner of a few seconds so I know is not that. Is this an OS issue?

TIA!!

Thirty minutes later (after posting this) and hourglassing is still happening!! Called my own number and it just rings but I cannot see any incoming phone call happening so I am assuming it is the same with people trying to IM or whatever!!! Aggggghhhh!!!!
    Last edited by lolitablue; 01-11-10 at 09:19 AM.
    01-11-10 08:48 AM
    Os (see bb help top of page) bb 101's… You can remove your os and reinstall a new one or your existing one.. there is a lot of info on this in the forum. again 101's.

Your berry being slow is a memory problem and you have too many apps, too much data (messages, pics etc), or you are leaving apps running instead of closing them through the menu. You need at least 10mbs of device (not card) memory for the device to run well..
    01-11-10 09:15 AM
    Os (see bb help top of page) bb 101's� You can remove your os and reinstall a new one or your existing one.. there is a lot of info on this in the forum. again 101's.

Your berry being slow is a memory problem and you have too many apps, too much data (messages, pics etc), or you are leaving apps running instead of closing them through the menu. You need at least 10mbs of device (not card) memory for the device to run well..
    Thank you so much!!! So reinstalling the OS would take care of the problem? Still not sure if this is my answer!!!
    01-11-10 09:47 AM
    Another update. The hourglassing stops when I remove the SIM Card so the phone is on SOS mode. I can open messages, read my IMs and do everything else allowed without actual phone service. What could be causing this? This does not sound like a memory issue. Is that the craziest thing or what??????
    01-11-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD