Hello, i was transferring pics from my phone to my computer (via USB)yesterday, when i accidentally disconnected my phone from the computer. well, there was some kind of error, because now my phone won't read my micro sd card. this happened last week, and i just googled it and somehow found a solution. now i can't find it. If i go to options>media card it says media card cannot be read... i have already formatted the card like 3 times and the settings for the memory device are all correct, but i still cannot get my phone to read my card. i know its not the card, because if i insert it into my wife's blackberry, the pictures and videos shoe up fine. i even tried her memory card in my phone and still no good. any advice? thanks for any help.
    12-17-09 09:58 PM
    What happens when the card is in the BB, and you connect it to the PC? Can you see anything on the card?

Jack
    12-17-09 10:15 PM
    no, if i hook my phone to my computer and try to view/open files, my computer says there is no media card inserted, but if i use my memory card reader i can see all my pics/vids.
    Last edited by jrod052; 12-18-09 at 12:07 AM.
    12-18-09 12:04 AM
    If everything is still on the card then you didn't format it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 10:06 AM
    You have to mess around with the Memory Card settings on your phone. Try going to Options--> memory card--> and turn off Memory Card Support and save.

Plug your phone in to the PC so you see that it's connected. Then, disconnect, go back in to your phone, change the settings for the memory card back to Yes, or "prompt me." My phone does this every time I connect it to my PS3.
    12-18-09 10:52 AM
    Sounds like the card is corrupted. What brand is the media card? Some companies have recovery software that will let you recover most if not all of the data. after your info is rovovered, then format the card on your computer using FAT32.

12-18-09 10:56 AM
    Dont listen to any of these guys...its not the card, its the blackberry. You can buy a new card and try to use it. It might work for a day or two and then it stops right? I had the same problem with my 8330 curve and went to Verizon, told them that the blackberry had stopped reading it a few months ago (to make sure I fell under warranty) and they shipped me a brand new phone in two days. So your best bet is to back everything that you can up onto you computer. Then take it in and have it replaced. But if its been over a year since having it, just tell them that its been happening for a while and it shouldnt be a problem.
    12-19-09 01:36 AM
    What happens is the piece of aluminum or metal that holds the card down eventually starts to bow from the heat of the bb. It pushes directly on the center of the SD card and the sd card it self also bows, but in the opposite direction of the copper connectors.
    12-19-09 01:40 AM
    Now that's something I didn't know about the BB

First the USB port problems and now this .... nah ... still gonna stay with it over a iPhone
    12-19-09 04:37 AM
    Interesting about the heat and the aluminum.

I have problems with suddenly "losing my media card. In every case, I have to turn off the phone, pull the card, and re-seat it, then it works like a charm. Typically it happens after a battery pull (or, ugh, I've dropped the phone), and the card isn't in quite right. The aluminime cover on my phone, that is supposed to hold it in place, has always been loose though.

12-19-09 05:47 AM
    What happens is the piece of aluminum or metal that holds the card down eventually starts to bow from the heat of the bb. It pushes directly on the center of the SD card and the sd card it self also bows, but in the opposite direction of the copper connectors.

The phone does not produce enough heat to warp metal... If its bent it is from operator error.
    12-19-09 08:05 AM
    i don't think that BBs emit enough heat to bend metal.
    12-19-09 08:50 AM
    The phone does not produce enough heat to warp metal... If its bent it is from operator error.
    i don't think that BBs emit enough heat to bend metal.

Mine did.
    But only when I had that friggen flamethrower app installed. Hindsight, being what it is, suggested that may have not been the best idea. The Fire Department, and my eyebrows, agreed.
    I recently uninstalled it...

Jack

BTW: If the phone produced enough heat to bend the metal, the plastic would have melted long before that metal bent...
    Last edited by zx7rou812; 12-19-09 at 11:17 AM.
    12-19-09 10:12 AM
    Mine did.
    But only when I had that friggen flamethrower app installed. Hindsight, being what it is, suggested that may have not been the best idea. The Fire Department, and my eyebrows, agreed.
    I recently uninstalled it...

Jack

BTW: If the phone produced enough heat to bend the metal, the plastic would have melted long before that metal bent...
    lol...
    12-19-09 11:59 AM
    Cool picture
    12-19-09 11:51 PM
    thanks for the help. i'm gonna try to bring the phone back to verizon. i'll let u guys know what happens.
    12-20-09 07:59 PM
    I too own a Curve, an 8330 w/ Verizon, and it's not reading my memory card either. I just switched from a non smartphone, and the card worked perfectly in that phone. Under "Options" and the "Media Card" it reads "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted." How do you format it? Also, this may sound dumb, but I just got it so... how do I change it to where my pics and videos are saved to the MicroSD card, and not the phone memory?
    12-20-09 08:32 PM
    after your info is rovovered, then format the card on your computer using FAT32.
    I did the same stupid thing, disconnected the phone from the computer somehow the wrong way and now the card cannot be read in my card reader OR in my phone. Should formatting this FAT32 in the computer fix this? Don't know how I did it...
    12-21-09 07:19 AM
    If its not a physical problem with your phone or card, then formatting it will definitely fix it. However you will lose all your info stored on the card.

12-21-09 07:24 AM
    Guess I hosed the card, as it can't be read on the PC either. Oh well, at least they are not expensive...
    12-21-09 07:56 AM
    hello, i was transferring pics from my phone to my computer (via usb)yesterday, when i accidentally disconnected my phone from the computer. Well, there was some kind of error, because now my phone won't read my micro sd card. This happened last week, and i just googled it and somehow found a solution. Now i can't find it. If i go to options>media card it says media card cannot be read... I have already formatted the card like 3 times and the settings for the memory device are all correct, but i still cannot get my phone to read my card. I know its not the card, because if i insert it into my wife's blackberry, the pictures and videos shoe up fine. I even tried her memory card in my phone and still no good. Any advice? Thanks for any help.

please help me... I want to fix my blackberry.
    12-08-11 08:59 PM
    WHAT WILL I DO IF I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM..PLEASE..HELP AND ADVICE..
    Hello, i was transferring pics from my phone to my computer (via USB)yesterday, when i accidentally disconnected my phone from the computer. well, there was some kind of error, because now my phone won't read my micro sd card. this happened last week, and i just googled it and somehow found a solution. now i can't find it. If i go to options>media card it says media card cannot be read... i have already formatted the card like 3 times and the settings for the memory device are all correct, but i still cannot get my phone to read my card. i know its not the card, because if i insert it into my wife's blackberry, the pictures and videos shoe up fine. i even tried her memory card in my phone and still no good. any advice? thanks for any help.
    12-08-11 09:04 PM
    Hey guys I have a question I got a new SD card (16gb) for my BB Curve 8520. The media card started working but when I try to sync music it says there's an error check the device.. I then get a message on the device saying "Fatal errors found on media card. Do you wish to repair it?" and then I click yes and it says "If lost clusters are found do you want to save them?" and whether I click yes or no, it says the reapir failed. Is that the problem with why it won't sync?
    02-07-13 03:24 PM
    01-26-17 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD