Hi Everyone:

I presently have a World Edition 8830 which I like alot. I am going to be buying my wife a blackberry, and believe the Curve 8330 will do nicely for her needs. My question is, I am considering swtiching and getting a Curve also, and want to know if anyone can assist me in determing what I am giving up from the 8830 and what I am gaining (other than the camera) if I switch to the 8330...more memory capacity, does it open the same attachments, have navigation and bluetooth, etc? Thanks for any help. I really appreciate the assist!
    10-28-08 01:01 PM
    Curve has a larger flash 96 to 64 and a camera. Get the Curve!
    10-28-08 01:08 PM
    Oh, and the Curve is not global.
    10-28-08 01:08 PM
    Oh, and the Curve is not global.
    WE=World Edition
    10-28-08 01:10 PM
    WE=World Edition
    Right, his WE is global (World Edition) the Curve is not global (WE).
    10-28-08 01:12 PM
    Thanks so much for the replies....it appears from your answer that I am not giving up any feature other than the ability to go global, which, practically, is not a real issue for me. If I misunderstood, please correct me.
    10-28-08 03:41 PM
    Yeah, that's about the only benefit to the 8830WE. If it had a camera, I'd say stick with it. But I'm going to use my NE2 for a Curve for me, give the wife the 8830, then when the Javelin comes out (if it does), I'll grab one of those for me and switch her to the Curve. If it doesn't, I'll just buy her a Curve for her Bday present.
    10-28-08 05:42 PM
    You should get the curve for sure! You are losing the ability to go global, a couple of onces in weight, and som cm in length and width.

With the Curve you gain a camera, voice and video recorder, and better memory. Everything else pretty much stays the same stays the same.

I switched to a Curve 2 weeks ago and it is awesome! I still have my 8830 just in case I want rock that for a bit.

Make the switch, you will be satisfied!!!
    10-28-08 05:51 PM
    You maybe giving up the Global feature, but if you don't travel out of the country.. It reallt doesn't matter... Plus the feel of the Curve is so much better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD