Ok for everyone who has the 8320 what the deal on the Wi-Fi is it worth the switch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-07 05:16 PM
    Well... I'm still trying to decide...
    09-24-07 07:39 PM
    Read my previous message. I personally have around 3000 minutes per month from my home hotspot - no charge. My family, the other 4 phones, have about 2000 per month - no charge. The only expense is the $19.99 charge for the Hotspot@home plan. The minutes above are in addition to the 1200 or so regular minutes on my family plan of 2000 minutes.

To answer your question - YES I think it is worth it.

Doublekk2
    09-24-07 07:52 PM
    hows the camera quality? can somene take a picture of something and post it
    09-24-07 09:57 PM
    I bought my 8320 Saturday, September 22nd at 10 AM in Huntington Beach, CA. I paid 300 w/ a 50 dollar mail in rebate. I also received a wireless router for free by adding hot spots at home. Luckly i have wireless at home, work and most my friends house so about 40% of my calls will be completly free. I love my first blackberry! I cant beleive i waited so long!!! Anyway, I had the Dash before. No more windows mobile please!
    09-24-07 11:02 PM
    picture is great
    WIFI is blazing fast!
    beautiful light sexy phone

got mine on Sunday Sept 23rd at 11am in NYC.

no complaints!
    09-25-07 06:12 AM
    I tried to buy it on tmo website on 23rd and early on 24th, but the site crashed when trying to go to any details or purchase pages. I decided to go to the biggest store in the area. They had gold and titanium. I liked both but bought the titanium. This is my 3rd BB (former Sidekick II user before that). I had just got the 8700g in December, and they gave me the $399 price. I bought the 2 gb mini SD card and had that put in.

So far, I have enabled javascript (that did slow it down a little but still good, and I can post on my favorite messageboards, You can turn this off and on ). Wifi at home worked great, and UMA enabled itself. I have not tried UMA yet. With my previous sim chip, the internet emails and all my other stuff came right over from the old device by using the setup wizard.

So far, the desktop software seems to hang on the media manager, but you can just drag files into the folder. I took a ripped ipod movie (mp4) and stuck it in the folder, and it played just great on the device.

It paired just fine with my car and my laptop bluetooth. The trackball is way faster than the wheel, though I find myself trying to scroll the wheel a lot.

Also, navigation is a bit different, but it is fairly intuitive if you are a BB regular and others can get used to it.

The keys are small, but I have small hands. They are the same width as the 8700g but a shorter height. The device is about half the thickness of the 8700G.

The case is nothing special. No clip (they say ladies didn't like it, but I did), but the case is fine. I have mine set up to come on at 7 am and off at 11 pm, but it stay off in the case and comes on when pulled out if it is at least 7 am.

So now someone tell me about wifi in other countries. I guess I need another SIM for Europe? What about the Caribbean? If my laptop gets free wifi in the Caribbean, shouldn't this phone?

I don't know if there is justification for this thing if you already had a good phone, and I don't know if the wifi will be "worth it", but for gadget-hounds, there is a lot to be had here.

The camera is fine, and the zoom is sup easy. Wifi takes seconds to set up. For all features, the help is very good, which was surprising. No more searching the web for hours waiting for others to figure something out like in the past.

It looked like instant messaging was all ready to go, but it wanted me to go to blackberry.com/aim to set up aim. I have not done that or tried any of the others.

I hope most that buy this won't be disappointed. I won't be.
    09-25-07 06:55 AM
    I got mine on Sunday. I love that T-Mobile finally got the curve
    09-25-07 04:24 PM
    I got mine today! Damn, express delivery is fast!!! I ordered it yesterday, thought it would take a few days. Well time to setup, but whats with the pouch? They could have put a belt loop or clip on it. Never happy, never happy! lol!!!
    09-25-07 06:57 PM
    Same here, I ordered one on Sunday and it shipped out monday got it today. I love ups express shipping, next day air mail is the best!
    09-25-07 06:59 PM
    Hey guys,
    Got mine yesterday LOVING the Wi-fi calling costing no minutes. Although those long-distance charges that I thought I was avoiding are kicking the price of my bill up! Let this be a warning, it takes no mins from your plan, but if you use long-distance, the system WILL bill you at the going rate (20 cents/min for me).

Just thought you should know.

-Marcus
    I just bought my new BB Curve last night. Can someone, anyone please tell me more about the Hot Spots @ Home feature? It sounded like a great idea in the store, so I signed up for it because it was a (cheap) promotional offer. What I want to know is does it REALLY work? is it really beneficial? Any pros/cons you Addicts can share with me before I attempt to try this? I cant wait to hear from all of you!!!
    10-08-07 12:29 PM
    I just bought my new BB Curve last night. Can someone, anyone please tell me more about the Hot Spots @ Home feature? It sounded like a great idea in the store, so I signed up for it because it was a (cheap) promotional offer. What I want to know is does it REALLY work? is it really beneficial? Any pros/cons you Addicts can share with me before I attempt to try this? I cant wait to hear from all of you!!!
    It generally works pretty well with a few bugs here and there...usually a restart of the router. For someone like me, who gets very poor signal in my home (but T Mobile is still better than anything else), it's wonderful. Plus, it doesn't use minutes when you're using it. You can tell if you're using cell vs wi-fi by the indicator on the display. A red dot means you're using wi-fi, while a tower icon means cell.

This lets you maybe even use a plan with fewer minutes if you do a lot of calling in your home.
    10-08-07 01:00 PM
    Thanks, LENMONSTER, for such a fast and helpful response. Do you mind if I send you private messages from time to time, requesting more help ful advice? I dont want this forum to drag along with conversations between the two of us. LOL!
    10-08-07 01:58 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD